Author Topic: US Govt Starts N.M. Wildfire, Tells Victims To Help Pay For Damages  (Read 698 times)

rebewranger

WRITTEN BY JOHN HUGH DEMASTRI ON AUG 1, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

US Govt Starts N.M. Wildfire, Tells Victims To Help Pay For Damages

The U.S. government started the largest wildfire in New Mexico’s recorded history this April but is now asking victims to share in the recovery costs, according to Reuters.

U.S. Forest Service (USFS) officials lost control of two controlled burns in April, destroying 341,000 acres and 432 homes in northeastern New Mexico, according to MSN. [bold, links added]

President Joe Biden claimed that the federal government would cover “100% of the cost” of the disaster, but the disaster declaration ultimately only covered the cost of debris removal and emergency protective measures, leaving many victims stuck with programs that require buy-in to rebuild their houses and other necessary infrastructure, according to Reuters.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/us-govt-starts-n-m-wildfire-tells-victims-to-help-pay-for-damages/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: US Govt Starts N.M. Wildfire, Tells Victims To Help Pay For Damages
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 01:53:03 pm »
WRITTEN BY JOHN HUGH DEMASTRI ON AUG 1, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

US Govt Starts N.M. Wildfire, Tells Victims To Help Pay For Damages

The U.S. government started the largest wildfire in New Mexico’s recorded history this April but is now asking victims to share in the recovery costs, according to Reuters.

U.S. Forest Service (USFS) officials lost control of two controlled burns in April, destroying 341,000 acres and 432 homes in northeastern New Mexico, according to MSN. [bold, links added]

@rangerrebew

Need I point out that losing control of a "controlled burn" is NOT the same thing as "starting a wild fire",despite the implication.

Everybody in rural areas knows that "controlled burns" are done to PREVENT this sort of thing from happening,but NOBODY controls the wind,and this can happen occasionally.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 03:49:18 pm »
@rangerrebew

Need I point out that losing control of a "controlled burn" is NOT the same thing as "starting a wild fire",despite the implication.

Everybody in rural areas knows that "controlled burns" are done to PREVENT this sort of thing from happening,but NOBODY controls the wind,and this can happen occasionally.

You need to throw "negligence" into that calculation.  Starting a "controlled burn" when winds are high is stupid, and that's how they usually lose control of the burns.  I've seen it happen too many times around where I live.

BLM sets a date for the burn, and in true bureaucratic fashion they refuse to postpone a burn when it's obvious as all get-out to the locals it's stupid.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 11:41:44 pm »
You need to throw "negligence" into that calculation.  Starting a "controlled burn" when winds are high is stupid, and that's how they usually lose control of the burns.  I've seen it happen too many times around where I live.

BLM sets a date for the burn, and in true bureaucratic fashion they refuse to postpone a burn when it's obvious as all get-out to the locals it's stupid.

@Cyber Liberty

If that is true,and I have absolutely no reason to think it isn't,whoever was in the decision-making position that "called that shot" needs to be the one arrested and prosecuted for something like "Gross Negligence".

I refuse to believe none of the field agents tried to point this out,and were ignored.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 04:02:51 am »
@Cyber Liberty

If that is true,and I have absolutely no reason to think it isn't,whoever was in the decision-making position that "called that shot" needs to be the one arrested and prosecuted for something like "Gross Negligence".

I refuse to believe none of the field agents tried to point this out,and were ignored.

I have no idea what the field agents talked with the superiors about, but I cannot see how they could not have objected to setting a fire in high winds.  I think it IS, however, possible they were ignored or "away from the telephone" when attempts to made to reach them.

It's also possible the local agents are so simple-minded they were oblivious to the danger, or didn't care about it more than meeting a schedule.  Didn't bother escalating it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 04:15:25 am »
It's also possible the local agents are so simple-minded they were oblivious to the danger, or didn't care about it more than meeting a schedule.  Didn't bother escalating it.

That sounds right - I have never started fires for government, but I have burned slash for industrial companies - Big companies like Weyerhauser, LP, Stone Container, and etc - They have a schedule, and assigned assets, and that's how it is supposed to go.

Coming in saying you wouldn't light it off was not advisable. Those committed assets and that schedule are not to be messed with unless it is dire. They'd take it if you flat told em no and had a good reason.

Same big corp, top-down mentality in government, I would reckon, maybe with less ability toward independent thought.

Jussayin.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 04:16:33 am by roamer_1 »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 09:07:51 am »
That sounds right - I have never started fires for government, but I have burned slash for industrial companies - Big companies like Weyerhauser, LP, Stone Container, and etc - They have a schedule, and assigned assets, and that's how it is supposed to go.

Coming in saying you wouldn't light it off was not advisable. Those committed assets and that schedule are not to be messed with unless it is dire. They'd take it if you flat told em no and had a good reason.

Same big corp, top-down mentality in government, I would reckon, maybe with less ability toward independent thought.

Jussayin.
It's the same mentality that blew up the Challenger.

They'll never learn. **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 01:35:41 pm »
Let the lawsuits begin!
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2022, 02:24:38 pm »
@rangerrebew

Sumbodie needs ta tell those goobers that "We,the people" are ALREADY paying for it,as well as paying their salaries,part of their health care,and for any other benefits they might be receiving.

BTW,anybody living in rural areas can tell you that a weather change can happen in the blink of an eye,and once a fire has started,there ain't no such thing as a "do-over". I have seen black storm clouds roll in,seemingly from out of no where,and you might have enough time to grab your Biden and run to the house before you get soaked,but you might not,also.

For some odd (to me,anyhow) reason,I have never seen that happen while living in a city.