Author Topic: Analysis: Biden’s 50% emissions reduction target for 2030 (if achieved) would have a ‘nearly unmeasu  (Read 609 times)

rebewranger

Analysis: Biden’s 50% emissions reduction target for 2030 (if achieved) would have a ‘nearly unmeasurable’ impact on overall global CO2 emissions

"Dr. Roger Pielke ran the numbers and found that, even if it achieved Biden’s 50% emissions-reduction target for 2030, which it almost certainly won’t, the impact on overall global emissions would be nearly unmeasurable."

Climate Depot's Morano comments: Biden is pushing for utterly meaningless climate-based emission reductions of CO2 that would have no potential impact on the climate -- and even if fully achieved, would have no impact on global emissions! All of this as we further hammer America. Biden should have listened to his climate envoy John Kerry has admitted this publicly several times.

See: Flashback: John Kerry explains climate futility: If U.S. zeroed out CO2 emissions, it ‘still wouldn’t be enough to offset the carbon pollution coming from the rest of the world’

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotJuly 28, 2022 4:42 PM

Via Michael Shellenberger:

What about its impact on climate change? Roger Pielke ran the numbers and found that, even if it achieved Biden’s 50% emissions-reduction target for 2030, which it almost certainly won’t, the impact on overall global emissions would be nearly unmeasurable.

“In fact, that small level of emissions impact is well within both emissions measurement error as well as the large uncertainty in how emissions-policies will evolve to 2030,” notes Pielke.

#

https://rogerpielkejr.substack.com/p/weekend-reading-5 (Subscription required)

Dr. Roger Pielke Jr.: I was curious what impact on emissions there might be as a result of Senator Joe Manchin’s (D-WV) refusal to support President Biden’s legislative climate package. Below I present my analysis.I was curious what impact on emissions there might be as a result of Senator Joe Manchin’s (D-WV) refusal to support President Biden’s legislative climate package. Below I present my analysis.I was curious what impact on emissions there might be as a result of Senator Joe Manchin’s (D-WV) refusal to support President Biden’s legislative climate package. Below I present my analysis.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2022/07/28/analysis-bidens-50-emissions-reduction-target-for-2030-would-have-nearly-unmeasurable-impact-on-overall-global-emissions/

Offline Kamaji

The damage done to the American economy, however, would be immeasurable.

Offline libertybele

Yet another failure on climate change.  Trying to 'fix' what isn't broken by the DEMS and liberals spreading lies and disinformation is only destroying this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yet another failure on climate change.  Trying to 'fix' what isn't broken by the DEMS and liberals spreading lies and disinformation is only destroying this country.
But greatly enriches them and their cohorts
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
An Inconvenient Truth is back on the movie channels...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis