Author Topic: Revenge of the 45th: How Trump is seeking payback today on Republicans who wanted him impeached  (Read 262 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump tries for impeachment revenge against House Republicans on busy primary day
by Sarah Westwood, Investigative Reporter |
 | August 02, 2022 06:00 AM

A trio of House Republicans who risked their political careers to support the second impeachment of former President Donald Trump will face voters on Tuesday amid primary challenges from opponents backed by the onetime commander in chief.

Their races are among several key primaries being held Tuesday as the election calendar heats up, just three months out from the general election.

Michigan, Missouri, Kansas, Arizona, and Washington all hold their 2022 midterm election primaries on Tuesday, Aug. 2.
Joana Suleiman/Washington Examiner

Reps. Peter Meijer (MI), Jaime Herrera Beutler (WA), and Dan Newhouse (WA) were among the 10 House Republicans who crossed the aisle to vote in favor of impeachment last year. Four of those Republicans chose not to seek reelection this year. Only one, Rep. David Valadao (CA), has survived a primary so far, and he faces a tough general election fight in his Central Valley district.

Another, Rep. Tom Rice (SC), lost a primary in June.

Tuesday will provide the biggest test so far of whether GOP voters can forgive members who rebuked Trump in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 Capitol riots.

Meijer’s contest has attracted national attention in recent weeks thanks to meddling from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which ran a controversial ad boosting Meijer’s Trump-backed opponent, John Gibbs, in the primary.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/trump-tries-for-impeachment-revenge-against-house-republicans-on-busy-primary-day
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FTA:

But some Republicans are concerned the controversial candidate could blow the party’s chance of flipping a Senate seat in November. If he wins on Tuesday, Masters will face Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly, who has vastly outpaced his possible GOP rivals in fundraising and who may be a better fit for a state that narrowly swung for President Joe Biden in 2020 than a conservative firebrand.

Yet more proof The Washington Examiner has turned into a shit publication.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It's anybody's guess what's going to happen. I don't trust the voting precincts in any of these states to accurately count and report votes.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's anybody's guess what's going to happen. I don't trust the voting precincts in any of these states to accurately count and report votes.

I trust mine in AZ, but that's because I live in Mohave, not Maricopa County.  I literally witnessed the Truth and Accuracy Tests on the ballot tabulators and voting machines here.  There's no Dominion equipment in Mohave.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: