Author Topic: Blinken, Lavrov Report No Progress After Discussing Prisoner Swap  (Read 633 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Radio Free Europe 7/29/2022

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov have spoken by phone to discuss a possible prisoner swap that could involve American basketball star Brittney Griner and Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout.

Blinken described the call on July 29 as “a frank and direct conversation” centered primarily on detained Americans. In addition to Griner, Blinken has said the United States is pressing for the release of former U.S. Marine Paul Whelan.

“I urged Foreign Minister Lavrov to move forward with that proposal," he said. "I can’t give you an assessment of whether that is any more or less likely.”

Blinken on July 28 publicly requested the call and revealed the existence of a “substantial proposal” on a prisoner swap involving Whelan and Griner.

U.S. and Russian media have reported that the United States could seek their release in exchange for Viktor Bout, a Russian arms trader currently serving a 25-year sentence in the United States after being convicted of conspiracy to kill U.S. citizens and providing aid to a terrorist organization.

More: https://www.rferl.org/a/united-states-russia-prisoner-swap-lavrov-blinken-whelan-griner-bout/31965945.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Blinken, Lavrov Report No Progress After Discussing Prisoner Swap
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 12:03:17 am »
LMAO...and so is Putin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 02:00:05 pm »
Is Blinken surprised?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 02:24:10 pm »
Is Blinken surprised?

He's perpetually surprised.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 02:27:27 pm »
I rooting for the woman to rot in a Russia jail for a 100 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 03:41:30 pm »
How long until Blacks start blaming everything on Whelan, that a deal would have been done if not for trying to tie some White dude to her release?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 03:47:19 pm »
How long until Blacks start blaming everything on Whelan, that a deal would have been done if not for trying to tie some White dude to her release?

Hell, I wish we could round up about a 100,000 BLM protesters and send them to Moscow for protests.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 02:24:23 pm »
Jay Altons
@jayaltons

The wildest thing about Biden's prisoner swap is that he wants to release a murdering gun dealer in exchange for Brittney Griner.
Meanwhile Biden wants to take away all of your guns.
9:57 AM · Aug 4, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org