Author Topic: Behar: GOP Will Turn America into ‘Hungary and North Korea’ if They Have Their Way  (Read 1767 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Behar: GOP Will Turn America into ‘Hungary and North Korea’ if They Have Their Way

Pam Key 1 Aug 2022

Joy Behar told her co-hosts Monday on ABC’s “The View” that Republicans would turn the United States into “Hungary and North Korea” if they have their way.

Behar said, “Since 195 Republicans just voted against birth control, I mean, this is a slippery slope. Now we’re getting into everybody’s business now, you know. But I still think that this is tricky in November with all of what we just said. I still say that prices for food and clothing and housing and everything, what do they call those, tabletop issues?”

Co-host Sara Haines said, “Kitchen table.”

Behar continued, “Kitchen table things, people are still going to be concerned about what is right in front of them. These bigger issues are going to just get worse and worse. I find that frightening. It’s easy for me to say that because I don’t have a problem with money. I admit that. We’re doing very well on this show.”

She added, “I was on unemployment insurance that saved my life when I was broke. I have been broke many times. I know how that feels, but trust me, these other issues are horrifying. They will turn this country into Hungary and North Korea as you say if they have their way.”

Behar concluded, “What are Republicans going to do inflation and the gas crisis? That’s the question you have to ask yourself, OK. OK, if the Democrats are disappointing you on inflation, what are the Republicans going to do?”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/01/behar-gop-will-turn-america-into-hungary-and-north-korea-if-they-have-their-way/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

No, dear, it's the DNC that is merrily turning the U.S. into North Korea.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought Hungary wasn't a communist country any more....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Not quite.

Extremist GOP forces would like to create a Fundamentalist White Christian Theocracy in the United States.

Eventually the United States of the Children of the Corn would drift towards being an idealogical totalitarian state, like North Korea, in order for its creators to maintain long-term power.

Most Americans and most Republicans don't want that.  But, we are increasingly having to choose between increasingly extreme sides as each poltical party purges itself of moderates, constitutionalists, fiscal conservatives, and liberatarians.

With each Administration, more power becomes vested in the Judiciary Branch (via imposition and removal of legal precedent) and in the Executive Branch (via Executive Orders).

Congressional Republicans use the filibuster and judicial appointments to impose their will upon the American people.

Congressional Democrats use the budget reconciliation process to impose their will upon the American people.

Laws and budgets are not being written on the Floors of Congress via legislation, debate, compromise, and concensus - they are bing written behind closed doors by the Speaker of the House and the Majority Leader of the Senate.

Currently, America is a quadrilateral dictatorship of competing Executive dictates, Judicial dictates, House Speaker dictates, and Senate Majority leader dictates.

When Americans elected Obama, they did not elect Harry Reid nor Nancy Pelosi.

When American elected Donald Trump, they did not elect John Boehner / Tim Ryan nor Mitch McConnell.

Each house of Congress is meant to be independent - not a pliant servant of entrenched special interests (DNC, RNC, etc.).

My intuition is that the US Military will need to insert itslef increasingly into civilian affairs because of the ineptitude and corruption of civilian institutions.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 06:51:55 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Not quite.

Extremist GOP forces would like to create a Fundamentalist White Christian Theocracy in the United States.

Eventually the United States of the Children of the Corn would drift towards being an idealogical totalitarian state, like North Korea, in order for its creators to maintain long-term power.

Most Americans and most Republicans don't want that.  But, we are increasingly having to choose between increasingly extreme sides as each poltical party purges itself of moderates, constitutionalists, fiscal conservatives, and liberatarians.

With each Administration, more power becomes vested in the Judiciary Branch (via imposition and removal of legal precedent) and in the Executive Branch (via Executive Orders).

Congressional Republicans use the filibuster and judicial appointments to impose their will upon the American people.

Congressional Democrats use the budget reconciliation process to impose their will upon the American people.

Laws and budgets are not being written on the Floors of Congress via legislation, debate, compromise, and concensus - they are bing written behind closed doors by the Speaker of the House and the Majority Leader of the Senate.

Currently, America is a quadrilateral dictatorship of competing Executive dictates, Judicial dictates, House Speaker dictates, and Senate Majority leader dictates.

When Americans elected Obama, they did not elect Harry Reid nor Nancy Pelosi.

When American elected Donald Trump, they did not elect John Boehner / Tim Ryan nor Mitch McConnell.

Each house of Congress is meant to be independent - not a pliant servant of entrenched special interests (DNC, RNC, etc.).

My intuition is that the US Military will need to insert itslef increasingly into civilian affairs because of the ineptitude and corruption of civilian institutions.

Huh?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Huh?

I got nothing.   :shrug:

I had trouble getting past the part about the GOP wanting to turn the United States into a Christian theocracy.  I must have missed a huge movement away from our Constitutional obligation prohibiting that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

Well, it's not, but let's not quibble over facts.   :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What an insulting cow, conflating Hungary with North Korea shows just how ignorant she is! I would be thrilled if America was more like Hungary in protecting it's borders, people and culture! I won't waste even a second reading past the headline when the harridan says something so insane.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
She no doubt hates Hungary because they defend their borders and culture from invasion by moslems.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She no doubt hates Hungary because they defend their borders and culture from invasion by moslems.

That's right.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

I visited Hungary in 1987, when it was still communist. It was sad and depressing. I'd love to go back, now that it has a government that looks out for its citizens.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I can't even keep up with the delusional ideological fantasies and conspiracies this woman projects on a daily basis.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

I laugh when the leftists start shrieking about the right not inflicting their morals on them, the leftists.
As I recall the bible preaches that murder is not okay. In fact, the ten commandments have one that says you shouldn't murder anybody.
So therefore, I guess the leftists wouldn't want us to inflict our morals on them by not murdering them.
Every society has morals/prohibitions that citizens are compelled to obey.
It's just that leftists don't realize that most of the laws we have are based on biblical sayings/proscriptions.
But of course, leftists want to be able to do whatever they want, including killing unborn children, without anybody objecting.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:facepalm2:

No, dear, it's the DNC that is merrily turning the U.S. into North Korea.
Projection has always been the Democrat's strong suit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I laugh when the leftists start shrieking about the right not inflicting their morals on them, the leftists.
As I recall the bible preaches that murder is not okay. In fact, the ten commandments have one that says you shouldn't murder anybody.
So therefore, I guess the leftists wouldn't want us to inflict our morals on them by not murdering them.
Every society has morals/prohibitions that citizens are compelled to obey.
It's just that leftists don't realize that most of the laws we have are based on biblical sayings/proscriptions.
But of course, leftists want to be able to do whatever they want, including killing unborn children, without anybody objecting.
Keep in mind that The Purge and sequels are all Leftist wet dreams on your screen. They have demonstrated that no business district is looter/fire proof, and got away with it. (Of course, the rules weren't really off, or they'd have been stacked in the streets. Out this way, not so subtle reminders of that possibility greeted those protests, and nothing was broken--why they are so desperate to saddle America with gun laws they will not follow).

DO they really want to go there? We have "equal rights", too.

Keep your powder dry.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

What's wrong with Hungary?

Offline dfwgator

I visited Hungary in 1987, when it was still communist. It was sad and depressing. I'd love to go back, now that it has a government that looks out for its citizens.

Budapest is awesome...Go!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

We were in Budapest about 5 years ago and it was lovely. Also visited a horse farm in rural Hungary. That, too, was lovely.
Behar knows not of what she speaks.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online cato potatoe

I wish they could turn our cities into Budapest.  They would never lose another election if they pulled off that miracle. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What's wrong with Hungary?

Something the view cows never go.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Budapest was all we visited - basically an overnight jaunt from Vienna, where my sister then lived. It was beautiful then, just oppressed, with empty shelves.