Author Topic: Would the Indictment of Donald Trump Lead to Civil War?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Would the Indictment of Donald Trump Lead to Civil War?
« on: August 01, 2022, 01:33:15 pm »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/would-the-indictment-of-donald-trump-lead-to-civil-war_4634053.html

Would the Indictment of Donald Trump Lead to Civil War?
by Roger L. Simon
July 31, 2022

NOTE: When reading articles at The Epoch Times, DISABLE JAVASCRIPT in your browser. This can be done with the click of the mouse using free add-ons/extensions.

Excerpts:
Midway through viewing The Epoch Times’ excellent documentary about Jan. 6, I started wondering—and not for the first time—whether we are on the brink of civil war and if an indictment of Donald Trump by Attorney General Merrick Garland would take us over that brink.

Consciously or unconsciously, that appears to be the ultimate goal of the committee, especially now that it’s being reported that few are paying close attention to it. Such an act would clearly garner that attention, to say the least, in a divided land where the former president has in the vicinity of 100 million supporters, many of them adamant.

It also would pretty much erase the word unconsciously from the previous paragraph, barely there in the first place.

Michael Anton, of “The Flight 93 Election” fame, wrote just a few days ago in another epochal essay, “They Can’t Let Him Back,” that begins, “The people who really run the United States of America have made it clear that they can’t, and won’t, if they can help it, allow Donald Trump to be president again.”

He also writes, “Anti-Trump hysteria, in the final analysis, is not about Trump.”

Indeed. This hysteria is about the preservation of a system almost as far from our envisioned original democratic republic as you could go and heading further off, a kind of bureaucratic oligarchy commonly called the administrative state. It’s ultimately about preserving thousands, probably hundreds of thousands and possibly millions, of lifetime ruling-class jobs, high and low, or jobs related to them or depending on them.

The vast majority of these jobs, as many already and an increasing number know, shouldn’t exist. They do nothing to enhance the life of the average citizen and in many, if not most, cases make it worse.

You might even call it Rule-by-Kafka, especially since the advent of COVID-19, the Czech genius having given us the best descriptions of our current existence in works such as “The Trial” and more specifically “The Metamorphosis,” when a man awakens to find he has become a cockroach.
Perhaps it’s time to give an American separation—seceding intelligently—more serious thought, heartbreaking as it is to contemplate. Maybe if we separate, we can learn to live together, after a time anyway. The Israelis and the Arab world are edging closer together. (Yes, they have a common enemy in Iran, but still …)

In any case, Civil War II is horrifying to contemplate, with potentially more corpses than the first time around, when an estimated 620,000 men died. That was out of a paltry 19.2 million population. We are currently well over 300 million. Do the math—and add women who would now more likely be participants—and the numbers are pretty mortifying to calculate.

Continuing to think the unthinkable, doing that Kahn thing, unfortunately also encompasses considering the final result, if we are to be in any way complete.

Pondering this while driving across Middle Tennessee the other day to visit a friend who lives in a rural area, gazing out at the endless farms with the strong men and women working the land—we can call them unabashedly The Patriots—I knew they would win in the end, bitter as it would be. They are godly, they are brave, they would persevere, and they are already armed and know well how to use those weapons.

After all, if we are but Kafka’s cockroach, it’s worth remembering cockroaches have been around for at least 300 million years and are showing no signs of extinction.

More at URL above...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Would the Indictment of Donald Trump Lead to Civil War?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 03:18:29 pm »
With any luck at all. People would take up arms to take back the country.

Not ME,of course. I don't even have any arms to take up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 05:19:51 pm »
Maybe not right that second, but it may be that trigger point where things start breaking apart.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 05:41:23 pm »
"Indictment?"  No.

"Conviction?"  Very, very likely, though I have no idea what form of warfare that would be.  Probably a true insurrection, not the lie about one currently being promulgated.  Irregular warfare, and a great deal of desertions from the Military.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 09:48:37 pm »
With any luck at all.

America either rises if that happens,or she definitely falls because it didn't happen.

Just exactly how much criminal activity are we supposed to tolerate by the DNC and the RINO's before we decide to put a stop to it?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 09:54:28 pm »
"Indictment?"  No.

"Conviction?"  Very, very likely, though I have no idea what form of warfare that would be.  Probably a true insurrection, not the lie about one currently being promulgated.  Irregular warfare, and a great deal of desertions from the Military.

I think that's right.
I don't think it's far-reaching enough. But it may be the spark that lights the fire.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 10:01:44 pm »
Sneakypete wonders and asks:
"Just exactly how much criminal activity are we supposed to tolerate by the DNC and the RINO's before we decide to put a stop to it?"

And I respond:
Is it getting close to time yet for that "New Continental Congress" ???

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 10:09:01 pm »
I think that's right.
I don't think it's far-reaching enough. But it may be the spark that lights the fire.

Sadly, I'm no longer sure there is ANYTHING that will move us to any real action.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 10:22:20 pm »
Sadly, I'm no longer sure there is ANYTHING that will move us to any real action.

I think we're still a long way off of where we should. Violence should be the last resort.
I think we are to the point of nullification.
I think we are to the point of states flexing.

I sure don't wish for war.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 10:31:52 pm »
I think we're still a long way off of where we should. Violence should be the last resort.

Nor would anyone with any functioning brain cells.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 10:35:32 pm »
Nor would anyone with any functioning brain cells.

Nope!  There has to be a better way....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2022, 11:02:31 pm »
With any luck at all. People would take up arms to take back the country.

Not ME,of course. I don't even have any arms to take up.
Might take up SCUBA diving to remedy that...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2022, 11:12:31 pm »

Nor do I.
States are our last best hope, but they are often deeply tied to Federal Funding (kickbacks of our tax dollars), and I'm not sure how well that resistance would go.
It certainly would not be monolithic.

Nullification, or simply ignoring the edicts poured forth from Washington would be the first best form of resistance. (Think the last attempt to have a long gun registry in Canada, where noncompliance eventually killed the idea off, at least that time.)

Bundy ranch set the model for 'peaceful' protest of overbearing Federal actions (surround the surrounders), but such could lead to lead flying, and certainly would lead to reprisals by the Feds (LaVoy Finicum, bushwhacked in a cell phone dead zone on his way to meet with a Sheriff).

After that, this administration has showed us what happens when supply chains are disrupted, and there'd be wholesale opportunities for folks who wanted to do so to exacerbate that problem. 'nuff said. Boston isn't the only place to have a Tea Party back when (Annapolis had one, too), but that model comes to mind.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:15:52 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2022, 12:00:03 am »
The FedGov needs to be baited into suspending the Constitution.

After that they are no longer protected.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 12:01:50 am »
States are our last best hope, but they are often deeply tied to Federal Funding (kickbacks of our tax dollars), and I'm not sure how well that resistance would go.
It certainly would not be monolithic.

Nullification, or simply ignoring the edicts poured forth from Washington would be the first best form of resistance. (Think the last attempt to have a long gun registry in Canada, where noncompliance eventually killed the idea off, at least that time.)

That's right. Say the current gun ban goes on to be passed by the Senate and signed into law - I expect it would eventually be overturned via SCOTUS anyway - But I would expect MT for forego the fed's monetary strings (because the issue is self-evident) and nullify (and with the current gov, that would be a fair bet). No doubt ID, and WY, and NoDak (and SoDak) would not be far behind... Likely the desert SW too.

And counties would stand up and roar... The high desert in OR - Even though OR is liberal as hell, the eastern counties are decidedly not, and firearms are as much a necessity there as they are here... I would expect those county sheriffs will not enforce or allow enforcement within their counties.

If all that were not to take place, Then  the time to rise up will have arrived.

After that, this administration has showed us what happens when supply chains are disrupted, and there'd be wholesale opportunities for folks who wanted to do so to exacerbate that problem. 'nuff said. Boston isn't the only place to have a Tea Party back when (Annapolis had one, too), but that model comes to mind.

That is something I am actively doing here locally... Trying to put farmers, government, and retail together to make the valley more self-contained... Banks and internet having a fail-over system so that the whole place doesn't have to shut down if internet is down... County government encouraging farmers to raise up truck gardens and retail to accommodate it... Kinda like the 'America' First doctrine, only 'Flathead First'...

That way if push comes to shove, the infrastructure is there to fail-over to local.

It is an idea I would encourage everywhere.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2022, 12:08:11 am »
That's right. Say the current gun ban goes on to be passed by the Senate and signed into law - I expect it would eventually be overturned via SCOTUS anyway - But I would expect MT for forego the fed's monetary strings (because the issue is self-evident) and nullify (and with the current gov, that would be a fair bet). No doubt ID, and WY, and NoDak (and SoDak) would not be far behind... Likely the desert SW too.

And counties would stand up and roar... The high desert in OR - Even though OR is liberal as hell, the eastern counties are decidedly not, and firearms are as much a necessity there as they are here... I would expect those county sheriffs will not enforce or allow enforcement within their counties.

If all that were not to take place, Then  the time to rise up will have arrived.

That is something I am actively doing here locally... Trying to put farmers, government, and retail together to make the valley more self-contained... Banks and internet having a fail-over system so that the whole place doesn't have to shut down if internet is down... County government encouraging farmers to raise up truck gardens and retail to accommodate it... Kinda like the 'America' First doctrine, only 'Flathead First'...

That way if push comes to shove, the infrastructure is there to fail-over to local.

It is an idea I would encourage everywhere.
I like the idea of farmer's markets, but much of the land here is given over to grain, oil seeds, and sugar beets--not much to produce, if you don't count gardens. Those gardens are going to be important in the next couple of years.

I still recall a little old lady in the Shenandoah Valley telling me and my girlfriend, nearly 50 years ago that "There will come a time when you kids will have to stand over your food with a shotgun.", and that she would not live to see it. She's long gone.

Those words made the hair stand up on the back of my neck at the time, and that time may well be here.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 12:16:34 am »
I like the idea of farmer's markets, but much of the land here is given over to grain, oil seeds, and sugar beets--not much to produce, if you don't count gardens. Those gardens are going to be important in the next couple of years.

I still recall a little old lady in the Shenandoah Valley telling me and my girlfriend, nearly 50 years ago that "There will come a time when you kids will have to stand over your food with a shotgun.", and that she would not live to see it. She's long gone.

Those words made the hair stand up on the back of my neck at the time, and that time may well be here.

I hear you (and that woman may well be right), but that is what I am trying to resolve... Not farmer's market, but more market farming... I am talking of farmers legitimately raising truck for sale and distribution through existing retail. It is already there to a degree. Grocers have an aisle or two dedicated to organics that are locally sourced. That just needs to be jacked the hell up, and what can be grown here shown a preference.

It requires a bit of footwork and glad-handing, but nowhere near the hoops it will take to provide failover local internet and failover local electronic banking - Both of which are just as important, or the whole thing just shuts down anyway.

Market farming is actually a pretty easy sell.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2022, 12:52:21 pm »
Reading through this thread it appears we're already talking ourselves out of it, so I'll vote "no" ---- there won't be a CWII.

I foresee a stream of commentaries on why this was the absolute right decision ---- and why we're the betters for standing down. It wouldn't surprise me if these opinion pieces are designated mandatory reading for people standing in line to surrender their guns.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2022, 12:58:04 pm »
Reading through this thread it appears we're already talking ourselves out of it, so I'll vote "no" ---- there won't be a CWII.

I foresee a stream of commentaries on why this was the absolute right decision ---- and why we're the betters for standing down. It wouldn't surprise me if these opinion pieces are designated mandatory reading for people standing in line to surrender their guns.

@Right_in_Virginia

I tend to think not,also,but the reason I think this is that I honestly believe there are enough people already fired up politically,and determined to vote for Trump/change come the election.

I WILL say that if the Dims steal this election also,they had better be vewwy,vewwy careful,or the Second America Revolution will be a serious probability.