Author Topic: Today's Toons 8/1/22  (Read 4534 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 8/1/22
« on: August 01, 2022, 08:19:21 am »
Click for related story: 

Click below for related story: 

Click below for Tony's toons: 

Click for related story: 

This Thread Brought To You By The Number 0: 

In Case You Missed It Dept.:  

Mexico's President Manuel Lopez Obrador arrived in Washington for talks with President Biden Tuesday. Since the White House won't come to the Border, I guess the Border has to come to the White House. They made no progress on lowering oil prices but a new pipeline for Fentanyl may be established.  

The New York D.A. charged a Bodega owner with murder for defending himself against an armed attacker. Big city D.A.s have lost their minds. Next they'll claim the Americans with Disabilities Act requires Bodegas to install wheelchair ramps so disabled robbers have equal access to the cash registers.  

President Biden wrapped up his first presidential visit to the Middle East this weekend, memorable for a regional security conference in Saudi Arabia, his consultation with Palestinian leaders and his visit to Israel. How can Israelis ever forget Biden's visit to the Wailing Wall. He was carrying a harpoon.  

Jill Biden apologized for a joke she made to Hispanics when she likened Americans of Mexican descent to breakfast tacos. Coincidentally Jill said this the same day a national poll showed that America's favorite restaurant is Taco Bell. It only won because everyone is looking for cheaper gas.  

Mexico's President Lopez-Obrador spoke to reporters at the White House Tuesday and he invited Americans to drive to Mexico for the three-dollar gas. It left the Biden Administration red-faced. I have no history of mental illness in my family, but I have a cousin who thinks inflation is Putin's fault.  

The White House assured WNBA star Brittney Griner's family and friends we are trying to effect a trade to get her out of a Russian jail. Brittney cracked and pleaded guilty to drug possession. It was after her Russian interrogators threatened to keep playing the U.S. National Anthem until she confessed.  

Donald Trump's first wife Ivana was found lying at the bottom of the stairs in her New York townhouse Thursday ruled dead of blunt force. Reaction was swift. Nancy Pelosi just formed the House July 14th Commission to investigate if Donald Trump could've pushed her down the stairs from Florida.  

The Tour de France bicycle race through France will come to an end Sunday after four weeks of chaos and mayhem on the road. So far the race has lost sixteen bicycle riders who dropped out after crashing their bikes. The Joe Biden Challenge that started out on You Tube is catching on like wildfire.  

The White House Rose Garden was renovated with a new limestone walkway with better drainage after the removal of old trees. Last weekend, the White House landscaper, who's Hispanic, was seen going into the Executive Mansion carrying three tacos. Jill Biden congratulated him on having triplets.  

California's Governor Newsom ripped GOP Governor DeSantis for threatening to fine the Special Olympics in Orlando if they don't ditch vaccine mandates. Newsom tearfully added he has dyslexia. It's a condition that allows California politicians to park anywhere they want under the Americans with No Abilities Act.  

The White House jumped on the record heat in the U.S to pronounce emergency climate executive orders this week, but that isn't the worst news. I just re-watched Al Gore's 2006 documentary An Inconvenient Truth and I regret to inform you we all died Friday. It's hotter than Hunter Biden's spoon.  

The Los Angeles County Public Health Department received massive pushback against hints they might restore indoor mask mandates in L.A. by August. In a related story, Dr. Fauci announced he will retire from the National Institutes of Health in two and a half years. He will be replaced by a less virulent variant.  

L.A. County Health Director Barbara Ferrer was accused by USC Hospital doctors of lying about local Covid severity so she can order mask mandates. Her zeal for power suffered another setback. Covid is expected to slow down and become much less effective now that it has caught President Biden.  

-- Argus Hamilton 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 8/1/22
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 08:30:42 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 11:48:06 am »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 12:18:52 pm »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 12:25:11 pm »
Thank you, Pookie!
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 12:26:19 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 02:18:08 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 02:18:36 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 02:18:59 pm »
Thank you Pookie

You're welcome, as always, Verga!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 02:19:42 pm »
Thank you, Pookie!

My pleasure, as ever, debrawiest!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 02:20:08 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!

Mornin' & you're welcome, Jimino!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ricebug

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2022, 03:45:12 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2022, 05:57:33 pm »