Author Topic: Hershey Warns of Potential Halloween Candy Shortage amid Supply Chain Woes  (Read 1778 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NOOOOOOOO!

Hershey Warns of Potential Halloween Candy Shortage amid Supply Chain Woes

Amy Furr 31 Jul 2022

Hershey announced Thursday the company anticipates a candy shortage due to issues with the global supply chain.

The company’s CEO said it would not be able to meet demand when it came to sweets at Halloween, ABC News reported Friday:

While the company has added production capacity, Hershey said it can’t keep up for this year. The candymaker has also been hit by a shortage of essential ingredients like cocoa as a result of a global supply chain issues due to the pandemic and the war in Ukraine.

Trying to balance non-seasonal treat production along with holiday candies has also become a challenge. The company started producing Halloween candy a few months ago, according to CEO Michele Buck.

She explained, “And that’s really when we needed to make these key decisions on what we were going to produce, so tough trade out to make. We had opportunity to deliver more Halloween, but we weren’t able to supply that. And we were really producing.”

“…We had a strategy of prioritizing every day on-shelf availability,” Buck continued. “It was a tough decision to balance that with the seasons, but we thought that was really important.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/07/31/hershey-warns-potential-halloween-candy-shortage-supply-chain-woes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Doesn't matter that much. Halloween has fizzled out for years in my area. The Mexicans still do their own celebrations among themselves but most Americans ignore it. They may do a party and some decorations, maybe a church sponsored event, but nothing close to when we were kids.

The idea of kids (or even unarmed adults) going door to door to pester neighbors is not recommended in 2022. We were all in one of the last generation to witness entire blocks across the city all participating in a simultaneous party for kids and candy. Our grandchildren cannot even imagine what we saw and did. Just another one of thousands of lost American traditions.

These days is it impossible to know if the knock is trick-o-treaters, or if it is armed punks coming to rob you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Doesn't matter that much. Halloween has fizzled out for years in my area. The Mexicans still do their own celebrations among themselves but most Americans ignore it. They may do a party and some decorations, maybe a church sponsored event, but nothing close to when we were kids.

The idea of kids (or even unarmed adults) going door to door to pester neighbors is not recommended in 2022. We were all in one of the last generation to witness entire blocks across the city all participating in a simultaneous party for kids and candy. Our grandchildren cannot even imagine what we saw and did. Just another one of thousands of lost American traditions.

These days is it impossible to know if the knock is trick-o-treaters, or if it is armed punks coming to rob you.
That's sad. We still have trick or treaters up here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

That's sad. We still have trick or treaters up here.

We do too - Though not out where I am... The kids from the culdesac behind me, my own grands, and a few selected others...

I always get 5 bags of candy... wind up using maybe half of one, even being generous...

So I make sure they're the good stuff because I am going to HAVE TO eat it all myself.  :laugh:

Online Smokin Joe

We do too - Though not out where I am... The kids from the culdesac behind me, my own grands, and a few selected others...

I always get 5 bags of candy... wind up using maybe half of one, even being generous...

So I make sure they're the good stuff because I am going to HAVE TO eat it all myself.  :laugh:
Same here... :silly:   (besides, you know most of those folks, and don't want to look like some sort of cheapskate...)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Same here... :silly:   (besides, you know most of those folks, and don't want to look like some sort of cheapskate...)

LOL! That's right - And presentation is the key... It MUST be your biggest stainless bowl... and it MUST be brimming... Which is the only real and legitimate reason for 5 bags.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 07:57:14 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline berdie

A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do. :laugh:

Most of the little ones out here have aged out...and truthfully, I probably wouldn't answer the door anyway. People have gotten too mean and the road I live on sort of puts little kids off.

But there better be candy corn and those candy punkins or I'll be mad!! 9999hair out0000

Online roamer_1

A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do. :laugh:

That's right. And in this case my efforts near heroic!  :silly:
I hope sometime my grands appreciate all the candy I had to eat just to make sure there was some around for them!

Most of the little ones out here have aged out...and truthfully, I probably wouldn't answer the door anyway. People have gotten too mean and the road I live on sort of puts little kids off.

I had that 'aged out' thing going on a while back... Then the grands started rolling in, and the folks down in the culdesac... well their grands started rolling in too.... I ain't saying it's busy around here... but it's better than it was for a while there.

But there better be candy corn and those candy punkins or I'll be mad!! 9999hair out0000

Mamma mixed that candy corn with peanuts and put it out around Halloween. Been a thing for me ever since... Though my own predilection is toward caramels. I LOVE caramel.

You want to bribe me, a couple pounds of Brach's Milkmaid Royals, and I will jump through hoops.
Same with ice cream. I will eat chocolate... I ain't against it... But pralines and cream with caramel topping is more my style.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I see some really innovative uses upcoming of my "I Did That!" stickers this fall.    :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

That's right. And in this case my efforts near heroic!  :silly:
I hope sometime my grands appreciate all the candy I had to eat just to make sure there was some around for them!

I had that 'aged out' thing going on a while back... Then the grands started rolling in, and the folks down in the culdesac... well their grands started rolling in too.... I ain't saying it's busy around here... but it's better than it was for a while there.

Mamma mixed that candy corn with peanuts and put it out around Halloween. Been a thing for me ever since... Though my own predilection is toward caramels. I LOVE caramel.

You want to bribe me, a couple pounds of Brach's Milkmaid Royals, and I will jump through hoops.
Same with ice cream. I will eat chocolate... I ain't against it... But pralines and cream with caramel topping is more my style.

I think you may be my brother from another mother. My fav is pralines and cream. If not available I'll do peppermint. If not available...vanilla or chocolate. Once a year I treat myself to apples dipped in warm caramel...in October.

Online roamer_1

I think you may be my brother from another mother.

So you're sayin romance is out of the question... Dang it!   :shrug: :whistle:

:silly: :tongue2:

My fav is pralines and cream.

Anything ice cream with nuts will do. But pralines and cream is definitely my favorite... And always with the caramel...

If not available I'll do peppermint.

Anything mint will do too - in any variety (not just ice cream)... Though my fav is probably spearmint.

If not available...vanilla or chocolate.

Well it is ice cream after all... Kinda like pie. There is no bad pie. Except mincemeat concocted by old great-grandmothers to test your fealty.

Any ice cream will do in the end. I do a thing with my grands. Their birthday is always a trip to Norm's News, a little store uptown noted for it's nostalgic 40s/50s fare, for a genuine and authentic and very proper banana split... Banana splits all around. It is mainly because it is funny to put that much ice cream in front of a young kid... but I get one too.  happy77

Once a year I treat myself to apples dipped in warm caramel...in October.

Aw yeah... This is apple and cherry country up in here. Bing cherries in the summer, and apples in the fall. So I am WELL acquainted with caramel apples.  :beer:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 10:05:37 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Smokin Joe

I like mincemeat... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Don't worry, Fudgeboy Buttigieg is on the Hunt for Chocolate October.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline berdie

So you're sayin romance is out of the question... Dang it!   :shrug: :whistle:

:silly: :tongue2:

Offline berdie

Well, @roamer_1 , I never say never. wink777

But you and I both know we would fight over the pralines and cream and candy corn. :rolling:

:beer:

Online roamer_1

I like mincemeat... :shrug:

I waited a while to reply @Smokin Joe , as a I figgered your great grandmother was leaning over your shoulder when you made that reply...  :whistle:

It is very rare that I find a  mincemeat pie that I like. I DO like savory pies,  don't get me wrong... A chicken pot pie or a shepherd's pie is right up my alley.

The only mincemeat pie I fell over for was actually a pulled pork pie, done up in a Tex/Mex sauce with cheese, and enough jalapeno or habenero pepper built in to make your nose run and bring on a sweat...

I could eat that all day long.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 09:05:12 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

Well, @roamer_1 , I never say never. wink777

But you and I both know we would fight over the pralines and cream and candy corn. :rolling:

:beer:

@berdie

:silly: :yowsa:

And you got fancy doilies and china cups... And I fart too much and drag in as much mud as my dog... Yeah, yeah... I know, I know...

:beer: :tongue2:
 :seeya:

Online Smokin Joe

I waited a while to reply @Smokin Joe , as a I figgered your great grandmother was leaning over your shoulder when you made that reply...  :whistle:

It is very rare that I find a  mincemeat pie that I like. I DO like savory pies,  don't get me wrong... A chicken pot pie or a shepherd's pie is right up my alley.

The only mincemeat pie I fell over for was actually a pulled pork pie, done up in a Tex/Mex sauce with cheese, and enough jalapeno or habenero pepper built in to make your nose run and bring on a sweat...

I could eat that all day long.
There was a family tradition dating back a couple hundred years of two covered pies with "TM" cut in the top at Thanksgiving, stemming from Aunt Maggie who was a respected but semi-literate kitchen hand in the manor house who carved TM in the mincemeat pies for "'Tis mince" and "TM" in the others for "Tain't mince". I found both to my liking. :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I really don't know how easy it will be living with my wife if a chocolate shortage actually did occur.

Things could get pretty ugly.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.