Author Topic: Supreme Court Finally Ready Hear Argument that Only Legislatures Have Right to Update Election Law –  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Supreme Court Finally Ready Hear Argument that Only Legislatures Have Right to Update Election Law – Not Leftist Judges or Executive Branch

The US Supreme Court agreed in June to hear the Moore vs. Harper case related to the subject referred to as the independent state legislature theory.
This case will have huge consequences.

Breitbart reported:

The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday agreed to hear a case next term to potentially bolster the elections power of state legislatures.

The high court announced it would take up the case, known as Moore vs. Harper, brought by North Carolina’s Republican state House speaker who has challenged the state Supreme Court’s decision to dismiss the legislature’s congressional maps that would have given the party an advantage through partisan gerrymandering.

The North Carolina Supreme Court in February ruled that the legislative maps, which gave Republicans as many as 11 safe districts compared to just three for Democrats, violated the state’s constitution in a 4-3 decision.

In March, the U.S. high court turned back efforts by Republicans to nullify new congressional maps approved by state court for this year’s midterm elections.

The left is freaking out about this case, perhaps because it is relevant to the corrupt actions taken by states before the 2020 Election.  In Georgia for example, the state’s corrupt GOP Secretary of State signed an agreement with Hillary Clinton’s attorney, Marc Elias, that provided for drop boxes in the state.  Only the legislature has the ability to change laws related to elections, per the independent state legislature theory.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/07/two-years-late-supreme-court-finally-ready-look-argument-legislatures-right-update-election-law-not-judges-executive-branch/

-------

This one is worth following.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
watching this one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
watching this one.

Yes.  The majority of the cheating in 2020 was ordered by courts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Right. Unless the legislature ceded that right by way of law - as in the case of emergency situations.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Supreme Court's decision on this won't affect the 2022 elections (of course), but... it WILL have a significant impact on what happens in 2024.

Let's hope they decide "for the Legislatures"...

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline Smokin Joe

The Supreme Court's decision on this won't affect the 2022 elections (of course), but... it WILL have a significant impact on what happens in 2024.

Let's hope they decide "for the Legislatures"...
It's spelled out pretty plainly in the Constitution. Let's hope they go by that.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's spelled out pretty plainly in the Constitution. Let's hope they go by that.

Why start now?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

Why start now?
Because I want them to practice for any new (or retread) gun laws that come down the pipe.

C S Lewis