Author Topic: Howard Dean Predicts Dems Could Win 8 Senate Seats; Says Young Women Will Vote in Droves over Aborti  (Read 714 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Howard Dean Predicts Dems Could Win 8 Senate Seats; Says Young Women Will Vote in Droves over Abortion

Pam Key 31 Jul 2022

Former Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean claimed Sunday on MSNBC’s “The Katie Phang Show” that the Democrats could flip up to eight seats in the U.S. Senate in November’s midterm election.

Dean said, “The real driver for us is going to be two things. One has already happened. That was the so-called Dobbs decision when Roe v. Wade was thrown out. That has put an enormous amount of turmoil into this election. The second day something that hasn’t happened yet, but if it does happen, I think we are going to pick up seats in the House, and I think we’ll pick up the seats in the Senate in any case. And that is forgiveness of student loans. The age group that favors Democrats most significantly is under 35. Those folks often sit out midterm elections and are disillusioned with President Biden. So I think the student loan stuff is essential.”

He added, “People are going to be driven in droves, particularly young women, over the abortion being thrown out by the right-wing Supreme Court, so I am very optimistic about our prospects in November.”

Dean concluded, “I think the intensity on the Democratic side is going to be driven by abortion. It is hard to take rights away from 50% of the population that they have had for 50 years. That is right the right-wingers have done. And I think they’re going to pay a price for that. I think we can pick up three to five and possibly even eight seats in the Senate. I think Iowa is in trouble for the Republicans, places that you didn’t expect. I think Florida is in trouble for the Republicans, North Carolina in addition to the ones that really always talks about like Pennsylvania.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/31/howard-dean-predicts-dems-could-win-8-senate-seats-says-young-women-will-vote-in-droves-over-abortion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

DEM women aren't going to vote Republican anyways, and most Republican women are pro-life so, the issue is mute Howie.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:38:12 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Spouting empty suit smoke and mirrors.

There are no numbers to support what he's saying.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

I'll be surprised if abortion is the primary issue. It might have been at another time...but gas, eating and making a living will supersede
abortion.

That being said...young liberal women living in Mom and Dad's basement who don't have to worry about such things? Who knows? And how many of them...that will vote?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'll be surprised if abortion is the primary issue. It might have been at another time...but gas, eating and making a living will supersede
abortion.

That being said...young liberal women living in Mom and Dad's basement who don't have to worry about such things? Who knows? And how many of them...that will vote?

There doesn't seem to be that much voting enthusiasm among that group. Simply because they are so woke they think the current Dem party is too weak and not desperately militant enough.

They are expecting a revolutionary coup, not policy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

I think he's stone dead wrong.

Where liberals are thick they would be voting for liberals anyway... And by now know that they have lost nothing.

In Red states, abortion was never favored, and young liberal women are not populous enough to make a  dent... Especially against the energized pro-life crowd who will be energized.

So nothing changing in the liberal states. Nothing changing in the red states... That leaves the purple states which will tend toward incumbents.

What will move people, I believe, is the cost of bread, power, and fuel. And THAT could turn over states.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
DEM women aren't going to vote Republican anyways, and most Republican women are pro-life so, the issue is mute Howie.

@libertybele

I agree about the Dim women,but disagree about the Republican woman. Dim women are pro-abortion at close to the 100 percent level,but I honestly don't believe Republican women are anti-abortion at the 100 percent level.

Especially when you throw stuff into the mix like banning abortions related to incest or rape,and you KNOW the Dim Wimmins groups are going to be very vocal about that one.

I am a man with no children so this doesn't affect me personally,but even though I don't like the idea of abortions unless the life of the mother is at risk,I can honestly see where a woman who became pregnant due to rape and/or incest would want one,and if *I* were the one in the decision-making role,and I honestly can't say I would deny them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
abortion.

@berdie

I have no doubt the Dims are going to work hard at making abortion THE issue because it is the "only arrow left in their quiver",but I think the economy was suck so badly be then that it will be THE big issue.

Not that a Republican Presidential candidate like Trump would ever even whisper anything about abortion. He is just too polite and reserved to do something like that.

Assuming of course that the economy doesn't tank before then,and America collapses into "Civil War,Part 2" due to food riots,banks closed,dollars being worth dimes,etc,etc,etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think he's stone dead wrong.

Where liberals are thick they would be voting for liberals anyway... And by now know that they have lost nothing.

In Red states, abortion was never favored, and young liberal women are not populous enough to make a  dent... Especially against the energized pro-life crowd who will be energized.

So nothing changing in the liberal states. Nothing changing in the red states... That leaves the purple states which will tend toward incumbents.

What will move people, I believe, is the cost of bread, power, and fuel. And THAT could turn over states.

@roamer_1

I agree. There ain't nothing like walking around with an empty belly because you have no gas for your car,and you need to look for food and water for your family to inspire you.