Author Topic: Toomey says ‘Joe Manchin has been taken to the cleaners’ on climate deal  (Read 440 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Toomey says ‘Joe Manchin has been taken to the cleaners’ on climate deal
by Zach Schonfeld - 07/31/22 10:17 AM ET

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) on Sunday decried a climate, health care and tax deal struck by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), saying he was “really surprised” that Manchin agreed to the bill.

“I like Joe Manchin very much, he and I’ve become friends over the years that we’ve served together in the Senate,” Toomey told CNN “State of the Union” co-anchor Jake Tapper.

“But it really looks to me like Joe Manchin has been taken to the cleaners,” Toomey said.

The bill funds an array of climate provisions, allocates $300 billion to reduce the deficit and extends expiring health care subsidies under the Affordable Care Act.

Toomey called the bill a “disaster” that would make inflation worse, in particular criticizing provisions establishing a 15 percent minimum corporate tax on companies with profits exceeding $1 billion.

He argued the provision would hurt manufacturing by making companies’ investments more expensive, saying it would reverse actions taken as part of Republicans’ 2017 tax cut package.

“We made this change, Jake, very consciously, predicting correctly as it turned out, that it would accelerate the investment in American manufacturing,” Toomey said. “The Democrats are going to blow that up.”

Toomey also said the bill would “do nothing” to combat climate change despite $369 billion to fund energy-focused climate programs over the next 10 years, arguing that climate issues remain in other countries even if the United States eliminated its carbon emissions.

“What we need is a strong economy and the ability to find the innovation and the technology that will allow us on a massive commercial scale to take carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere,” Toomey said. “But these gestures, they may feel good, they’re not gonna accomplish it.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/3581477-toomey-says-joe-manchin-has-been-taken-to-the-cleaners-on-climate-deal/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Banana Republic comes to mind.  Government abuse rises and falls depending on which crooks are in charge.
It will be a very long time, if ever, that other countries and businesses regain confidence in our system.  We will be viewed a high risk so I would expect real problems in the future.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bullshit.  Manchin practically lives in the dry cleaning shop on his own accord.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Toomey says ‘Joe Manchin has been taken to the cleaners’ on climate deal

88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Toomey knows all about being taken to the cleaners.

Offline libertybele

Banana Republic comes to mind.  Government abuse rises and falls depending on which crooks are in charge.
It will be a very long time, if ever, that other countries and businesses regain confidence in our system.  We will be viewed a high risk so I would expect real problems in the future.

I thought we already had real problems.  Are Republic has all but disintegrated.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

I thought we already had real problems.  Are Republic has all but disintegrated.
War is coming and it won't be pretty.