Author Topic: Manchin Refuses to Say If He Would Support Biden in 2024  (Read 332 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin Refuses to Say If He Would Support Biden in 2024
« on: July 31, 2022, 02:33:28 pm »
Manchin Refuses to Say If He Would Support Biden in 2024

Pam Key 31 Jul 2022

Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that he is not “getting involved” when asked if he would support President Biden if he ran for reelection in 2024.

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “President Biden says he plans to run for reelection in 2024. You have not yet committed to supporting him in 2024. do you think President Biden deserves a second term?”

Manchin said, “Jake, I’m not getting involved in any election right now. 2022, 2024, I’m not speculating on it. President Biden is my president right now, and I’m going to work with him and his administration to the best of my ability to help the people in my state of West Virginia and this country. And we have agreements. We have respectful agreements where we respect each other, and we work through them. So, this is what people are upset about. Everything is about the next election.”

“This is about today’s inflation rates killing people,” he continued. “We have got to get the inflation rate down. We have got to have an energy policy that works for America. And we’re not going to raise taxes. But people should be paying their fair share, especially the large corporations of America that have a valuation of $1 billion or greater. Can’t they pay at least 15% so we can be the leader of the world and the superpower we are?”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/31/manchin-refuses-to-say-if-he-would-support-biden-in-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Manchin Refuses to Say If He Would Support Biden in 2024
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 08:01:36 pm »
Joe is refusing to say a whole lot, it appears.
Manchin Refuses to Say Whether He Hopes Dems Retain Control of Congress
Sarah Arnold
Posted: Jul 31, 2022 12:15 PM

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va) stayed silent when asked if he hopes Democrats remain control of Congress following the 2022 midterms elections.

During an interview on NBC’s Chuck Todd’s “Meet the Press,” Manchin sidestepped Todd’s questions about his own party.

“I think the Democrats have great candidates that are running. They’re good people I’ve worked with. And I have a tremendous amount of respect and friendship with my Republican colleagues,” Manchin said. ...

Manchin is often criticized by his party for playing both sides of the field, which he calls “partisan gamesmanship,” arguing that he does “not play politics.”  ...
More at Townhall
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 08:12:40 pm »
Joe is refusing to say a whole lot, it appears.More at Townhall

Manchin absolutely tries to plays "partisan gamesmanship". Whether or not the DEMS have great candidates that will remain seated or will take seats obviously remains to be seen. 

I do think that Manchin himself has his eyes on '24 and won't be rooting for Joe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 08:19:39 pm »
Joe figures he has to pretend to be semi-conservative every once in a while, given the way the wind has been blowing in W.Va. for the past 20 years (Trump got something like 70% of the vote in 2020). It's an act. He stands for nothing except his own political survival.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org