Author Topic: Manchin admits 'mistake' saying past spending bill wouldn't cause inflation, hopes he isn't wrong ag  (Read 378 times)

Online libertybele

Mistake? Hopes he isn't wrong again??? So Manchin is taking the blame for this inflation?  If so, he just sank his career and IF inflation continues, hopefully he'll lose his seat.

Manchin admits 'mistake' saying past spending bill wouldn't cause inflation, hopes he isn't wrong again

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., explained why he agreed to support a new spending package, promising that it will not raise taxes or worsen inflation, while admitting that he was wrong about a previous spending bill.

In a  "Fox News Sunday," interview, host Bret Baier pointed out that last year, Manchin appeared on the same program and said that a previous Democratic spending bill, the American Rescue Plan, would not lead to inflation. On Sunday, Manchin admitted he was wrong about that.

"Why should Americans believe you now when you say this new bill will not exacerbate inflation?" Baier asked.

"I’ll make sure I don't make that mistake again," Manchin said. "Bottom line, I'll make sure I didn't make that mistake again."........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-admits-mistake-saying-past-spending-bill-wouldnt-cause-inflation
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Joe, be wrong with your own money, not ours.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

He claimed today this latest Schumer-Manchin disaster of a bill wouldn't raise taxes. That, of course, is a lie.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

He claimed today this latest Schumer-Manchin disaster of a bill wouldn't raise taxes. That, of course, is a lie.

Manchin has changed his tune a bit.  What has Chuckie promised him or what does Chuckie have on him?? Of course it's going to raise taxes and will be yet another disaster inflicted upon Americans.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why is it we always pay for their mistakes and they never do.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.