Author Topic: Report on Reconciliation Confirms Joe Manchin Is a Pathetic Coward  (Read 415 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report on Reconciliation Confirms Joe Manchin Is a Pathetic Coward
By Bonchie | Jul 30, 2022 3:30 PM ET

I have an embarrassing confession to make: I once, sort of, respected Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always known he’s a flakey Democrat, and though it’s been fun to entertain him possibly switching parties and causing a meltdown on the left, those hopes were always far-fetched. Still, his stance over the last year against a boondoggle, green scam-filled reconciliation bill was laudable. Even in the face of intense pressure, including personal harassment and threats, Manchin stood firm – until he didn’t.

In a sudden reversal, Manchin stabbed Republicans in the back. Despite assurances that if the GOP voted for the CHIPS Act that the West Virginia senator wouldn’t support another gut-busting spending bill, Manchin came in off the top rope to announce he and Schumer had made a deal. What was in it? $400 billion in wasteful spending on “climate change” initiatives. It also includes tax hikes on corporations which will exacerbate inflation.

For days, those in the political sphere racked their brains trying to figure out what caused Manchin to change his mind. A new report from The Washington Post gives us the answer, and the short of it is that he’s a pathetic coward.

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1553370176892059648

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/07/30/report-on-reconciliation-confirms-joe-manchin-is-a-pathetic-coward-n604439
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Report on Reconciliation Confirms Joe Manchin Is a Pathetic Coward
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 10:47:31 pm »
Joe Manchin IS a Democrat through and through so there was never any doubt about what he was going to do after he got his 15 minutes in the spotlight for the folks back home.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Report on Reconciliation Confirms Joe Manchin Is a Pathetic Coward
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 11:59:08 pm »
Joe Manchin IS a Democrat through and through so there was never any doubt about what he was going to do after he got his 15 minutes in the spotlight for the folks back home.
Need to repeal the 17th so that state can bring Joe back home where he belongs.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington