Author Topic: Trump apologized to Cruz for 2016 election insults, book reveals  (Read 915 times)

Online corbe

Trump apologized to Cruz for 2016 election insults, book reveals

by Misty Severi, Breaking News Reporter
July 30, 2022 11:44 AM

Former President Donald Trump apologized to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for insulting his wife and father during the 2016 GOP presidential primaries, according to a new book by former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort.

Trump apologized to Cruz and his family in person, an unusual act for the former president who has a reputation for refusing to apologize, Manafort said. Trump had insinuated that Cruz's wife Heidi Cruz was ugly, attached Cruz's father to the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy, and questioned whether Cruz could be the next president if he was born in Canada.

“On his own initiative, Trump did apologize for saying some of the things he said about Cruz, which was unusual for Trump," Manafort said in the book, according to the Guardian.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-apologized-ted-cruz-2016-insults-book
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump apologized to Cruz for 2016 election insults, book reveals
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 07:24:14 pm »
   I figured that he did because Cruz is not the pu$$y Trumpers make him out to be and HE did eventually endorse/work with Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 07:48:57 pm »
Trump/Cruz 2024  :patriot: -- watch the heads spin!  :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 07:56:14 pm »
Trump/Cruz 2024  :patriot: -- watch the heads spin!  :silly:

Your just being selfish @libertybele ~ You don't want to lose your damn good Governor and I don't blame you!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 08:01:27 pm »
Trump was right to do that.

I’d like to see Cruz on the Supreme Court.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 08:02:38 pm »

Your just being selfish @libertybele ~ You don't want to lose your damn good Governor and I don't blame you!

We want to keep him all to ourselves.  He drives the libtards in this state absolutely Bat Shit Crazy!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2022, 08:21:28 pm »
   I get that, If he was the TX Governor I'd be telling America to f*k off, he's ours! 

Before we put Ted on the SC @debrawiest I'd like to see him as AG for a couple of years, clean up that cesspool.

* I voted for Allen West (another Florida transplant)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 08:23:20 pm by corbe »

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 08:25:03 pm »
   I get that, If he was the TX Governor I'd be telling America to f*k off, he's ours! 

Before we put Ted on the SC @debrawiest I'd like to see him as AG for a couple of years, clean up that cesspool.

* I voted for Allen West (another Florida transplant)

Good idea. He’d be a good fit as AG.
Instead, maybe Mike Lee on the SC. (Of course, that would leave Utah without any decent representation.)
A girl can dream…..

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 09:56:04 pm »
We want to keep him all to ourselves.  He drives the libtards in this state absolutely Bat Shit Crazy!

:beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 09:57:47 pm »

DeSantis has surprised me so far and I was very thankful during the pandemic that I resided in FL.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 09:59:14 pm »
DeSantis has surprised me so far and I was very thankful during the pandemic that I resided in FL.

You have a governor worthy of envy. We have a tried-and-true RINO.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2022, 10:21:30 pm »
The left has tried their damnedest to take him down.  The 60 Minutes hit piece. That whack job whore he fired for claiming he changed/hid FL  Covid death numbers. That skank bitch is running for congress and thinks she will beat Gaetz's for his seat.  The Harpies at the View called him "Death Santis".  They tried to take him out with the battle cry of "Don't Say Gay".  Didn't work.  He took on the woke House of Mouse...and beat the hell out of them. 

This guy is the real deal.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 10:22:39 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2022, 10:23:18 pm »
The left has tried their damnedest to take him down.  The 60 Minutes hit piece. That whack job whore he fired for claiming he changed/hid FL  Covid death numbers. That skank bitch is running for congress and thinks she will beat Gaetz's for seat.  The Harpies at the View called him "Death Santis".  They tied to take him out with the battle cry of "Don't Say Gay".  Didn't work.  He took on the woke House of Mouse...and beat the hell out of them. 

This guy is the real deal.

Yeah. I'd probably vote for him.  :beer:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2022, 10:38:29 pm »
I wonder why Cruz has never mentioned this   :pondering:

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2022, 10:41:52 pm »

Tough $hit Floridians, Trump has already decided for ya.

22222frying pan

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 10:45:46 pm »
I wonder why Cruz has never mentioned this   :pondering:

Because he's a Gentleman @Right_in_Virginia unlike the guy who LOST control of his emotions in the first place and felt the need to apologize later, which from the article, he doesn't do MUCH. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 10:48:57 pm »
   Because he's a Gentleman @Right_in_Virginia

This makes no sense.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 10:49:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »