Author Topic: Hochul declares state of ‘disaster emergency’ over monkeypox  (Read 346 times)

Offline Kamaji

Hochul declares state of ‘disaster emergency’ over monkeypox

By Jesse O’Neill   
July 30, 2022

Gov. Kathy Hochul issued an executive order Friday night declaring the spread of monkeypox a “disaster emergency” as 1,400 cases of the viral disease were recorded statewide.

The vast majority of the cases — 1,289 — have occurred in New York City, according to health officials who warn that many more cases are likely undiagnosed.

Hochul’s decree said that local agencies were “unable to respond adequately” as she ordered Albany to step in and help boost vaccination and preventative education efforts.

“After reviewing the latest data on the monkeypox outbreak in New York State, I am declaring a State Disaster Emergency to strengthen our aggressive ongoing efforts to confront this outbreak,” Hochul wrote in a press release.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/30/hochul-declares-state-of-disaster-emergency-in-new-york-over-monkeypox/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Hochul declares state of ‘disaster emergency’ over monkeypox
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 02:42:55 pm »
It's only an emergency among promiscuous gay men, and people they come into close physical contact with.  It is not a general public emergency, period.

But, gays are a preferred constituency, so the rest of us have to suffer so they can continue rutting in the bathhouses.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 02:45:37 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 02:46:47 pm »
Monkey Pox?

Didn't Tucker Carlson's audience vote come up with a less "racist" :silly: term for this affliction?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.