Author Topic: Beyond Meat stock falls after conclusion of McDonald’s McPlant test  (Read 528 times)

rebewranger

RESTAURANTS
Beyond Meat stock falls after conclusion of McDonald’s McPlant test
PUBLISHED THU, JUL 28 202211:02 AM EDTUPDATED FRI, JUL 29 20224:14 PM EDT

KEY POINTS
McDonald’s said it has concluded the U.S. test of its McPlant burger as planned.

Analyst research reported lackluster demand for the meatless burger, which is made using Beyond Meat patties.

McDonald’s sells the McPlant burger in several European markets but hasn’t announced a nationwide launch for the menu item in its home market yet.
In this article

Shares of Beyond Meat fell 6% in morning trading after J.P. Morgan saidMcDonald’s ended its U.S. test of the McPlant burger, which uses Beyond’s meatless patties.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/28/beyond-meat-stock-falls-after-conclusion-of-mcdonalds-mcplant-test.html
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 01:54:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I reckon people just want their cow patties to have real cow in them.... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why do woke companies do this shit?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I remember when it was considered bad to have vegetable material in your hamburger (sawdust, then), now it's supposed to be virtuous?

Again, appealing to a small fraction of the market although this option did not preclude getting "100% Beef" instead (yes, "100% Beef" is a registered trademark, which means it could be purt'near anything in that patty).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
MickeyD's has a long history of bowing to the crazies in an effort to placate them and stop their protesting, this latest attempt to get vegetarians on board is just the latest. Every time...every single damn time they forced a new 'healthy' item on franchisees, which usually required significant investment, because of the demand of very vocal very small minority it bombed because invariably healthy tastes like crap. Also it's a guaranteed failure if a poor substitute is priced the same as the real thing.