Author Topic: HOLY COW: Beef prices set to surge further as farmers sell off cattle herds  (Read 1719 times)

Offline libertybele

Deli feeeels like 7 bucks a pound to me... With inflation, 9 bucks is probably legit.

I just looked it up; Boar's Head Seasoned Turkey Pastrami (deli) at our Publix is $12.99/lb   Definitely pricey, and I avoid shopping there anymore because their prices are way too high.

Our little local Italian store is selling Thumann's turkey pastrami for $6.99/lb   So how does one justify charging people almost double??

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 12:56:11 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I just looked it up; Boar's Head Seasoned Turkey Pastrami (deli) at our Publix is $12.99/lb   Definitely pricey, and I avoid shopping there anymore because their prices are way too high.

Our little local Italian store is selling Thumann's turkey pastrami for $6.99/lb   So how does one justify charging people almost double??

:shrug:

I dunno... All I know is that I found Turkey Pastrami when I started trying to go kosher. At the time, a replacement for bacon was an insurmountable obstacle... I mean, really... How do you replace bacon in a redneck (not to mention American) diet?

Anyway, turkey pastrami became a sturdy alternative. Not to say it tastes like bacon, but fry some up, you won't be sorry. Fry it and put it on a burger. You can thank me later... It's GOOD.

And it's cheap. Like I said, normal prices over the last five to seven years, deli runs about 7 bucks a pound... right in there, one way or the other... And turkey pastrami was always around five bucks a pound. So even just for sammiches... It became a staple here.

But to your question, around here, if deli was around 7 a pound, and is up to 9 a pound, then t.pastrami was 5 a pound up to 7 a pound would track... So it seems Publix is raping folks.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 01:19:02 am by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

:shrug:

I dunno... All I know is that I found Turkey Pastrami when I started trying to go kosher. At the time, a replacement for bacon was an insurmountable obstacle... I mean, really... How do you replace bacon in a redneck (not to mention American) diet?

Anyway, turkey pastrami became a sturdy alternative. Not to say it tastes like bacon, but fry some up, you won't be sorry. Fry it and put it on a burger. You can thank me later... It's GOOD.

And it's cheap. Like I said, normal prices over the last five to seven years, deli runs about 7 bucks a pound... right in there, one way or the other... And turkey pastrami was always around five bucks a pound. So even just for sammiches... It became a staple here.

But to your question, around here, if deli was around 7 a pound, and is up to 9 a pound, then t.pastrami was 5 a pound up to 7 a pound would track... So it seems Publix is raping folks:shrug:

That's the general consensus in my 'neighborhood forum'.  They should truly be ashamed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.