Author Topic: DANGEROUS TIMES REQUIRE READY ARMY  (Read 350 times)

rebewranger

DANGEROUS TIMES REQUIRE READY ARMY
« on: July 29, 2022, 11:59:53 am »
DANGEROUS TIMES REQUIRE READY ARMY
Army Chief of Staff James McConville speaks to AUSA Warfighter attendees
Photo by: AUSA/Jared Lieberher
Thu, 07/28/2022 - 11:33

From COVID-19 response to supporting allies and partners in Eastern Europe, the Army has shown it is ready, versatile and able to respond quickly whenever the nation calls, the service’s top general officer said.

“We can do a lot of things that the nation asks us to do, but that’s not really our reason for being,” Army Chief of Staff Gen. James McConville said July 28. “The Army exists for one purpose, and that’s to protect the nation by being ready to fight our nation’s wars along with the joint force. We are a warfighting organization, and we should never forget that.”

The keynote speaker to open the second day of the Association of the U.S. Army’s inaugural Warfighter Summit and Exposition near Fort Bragg, North Carolina, McConville said the Army is living in “very, very challenging times.”

“I’m not sure, in my 41-plus years of service, I’ve seen a more potentially dangerous time for our country and for our military,” McConville said.

https://www.ausa.org/news/dangerous-times-require-ready-army

rebewranger

Re: DANGEROUS TIMES REQUIRE READY ARMY
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 12:01:27 pm »
It also requires an educated Army, not one staffed by a bunch of dumb *sses given waivers like they are recruiting today. :nono: