Author Topic: House GOP unveils ambitious blueprint to secure southern border if it takes majority  (Read 367 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 29, 2022 7:00am EDT
House GOP unveils ambitious blueprint to secure southern border if it takes majority
The American Security Task Force was created to come up with policies to tackle the crisis at the southern border.
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

FIRST ON FOX: The House Republican Conference on Friday is unveiling an ambitious blueprint of policies to secure the besieged southern border if the GOP retakes control of the chamber next year — a framework that will seek to bolster physical infrastructure as well as closing asylum loopholes.

The American Security Task Force was created last year by House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and headed by Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y., to form policies to solve the crisis at the southern border — which saw more than 1.7 million migrant encounters in FY 2021, and more than 200,000 migrant encounters a month since March.

The framework, obtained first by Fox News Digital, consists of policy proposals for Republicans to pass in the House should they take the majority next year after the November midterms.

Katko, the ranking member on the House Homeland Security Committee, said in an interview with Fox that the porous border is a major security issue — pointing to an increase in overdoses due to fentanyl and suspected terrorists attempting to infiltrate the United States.

"We’ve got a lot of very serious security issues going on at the border, people from 160 different countries have come across the border, and it's not just a Mexican and Northern Triangle issue, it's a worldwide issue that people are exploiting," he said. "It's really a concern. So everything we did in here has that background in mind and that background of 'We've got to stop this.' We can turn it around, and we've got to do better."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-gop-unveils-ambitious-blueprint-secure-southern-border-take-majority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Is that before, after, between, or during endless Congressional investigations to nowhere?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien