Author Topic: Democrats push bill replacing police with 'mental health professionals' in emergencies involving men  (Read 875 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 29, 2022 12:08pm EDT
Democrats push bill replacing police with 'mental health professionals' in emergencies involving mentally ill
GOP aide tells Fox News Digital that Democrats are 'doubling-down on failed policies'
By Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

House Democrats are aiming to hold a floor vote Friday on a bill that would provide states funding to replace law enforcement with mental health professionals.

The Mental Health Justice Act would provide grants to states to hire, employ, train and dispatch mental health professionals "in lieu of law enforcement officers" during emergency calls involving at least one person with a mental illness, according to the bill's text. The legislation was reintroduced last year by Rep. Katie Porter, D-Calif., who said it would reduce violence against people with mental illnesses.

"We should be connecting people in crisis to care, not tossing them in jail," Porter said in a statement at the time. "Mental illness is not a crime, and we have to stop treating it like one. Most police officers are not trained to care for individuals experiencing mental health crises, which too often tragically leads to unnecessary violence."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-push-bill-replacing-police-mental-health-professionals-emergencies-mentally-ill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Democrats are 'doubling-down on failed policies

Like that's news?

Mental illness may not be a crime, but that doesn't mean the mentally ill do not engage in criminal activity, right up to rape and murder (Jeff Dahmer comes to mind).

While you might not be dangerous and only acting a little kooky, that knife in your hand says otherwise.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

Like that's news?

Mental illness may not be a crime, but that doesn't mean the mentally ill do not engage in criminal activity, right up to rape and murder (Jeff Dahmer comes to mind).

While you might not be dangerous and only acting a little kooky, that knife in your hand says otherwise.

And I might add...if for some reason I'm under attack and can't handle it myself...don't send a "mental health professional". Send many, many police with guns and all that military equipment that everyone is against.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
All I gotta say about this is "Good luck to those mental health professionals,and I hope they are given bulletproof vests.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

This will end well.  Not.

Offline LMAO

All I gotta say about this is "Good luck to those mental health professionals,and I hope they are given bulletproof vests.

I have a hunch that they’re not gonna find too many if any mental health professionals that are going to show up to these without police protection
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Does this include domestic desputes? Because I am sure the cops would be more than happy to let the mental health experts handle what are usuall the most dangerous calls.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EdinVA

The Mental Health Justice Act would provide grants to states...

Anything for money......  9999hair out0000

Offline andy58-in-nh

Does this include domestic desputes? Because I am sure the cops would be more than happy to let the mental health experts handle what are usuall the most dangerous calls.
That’s a great point.
Democrats need to be replaced with the mentally healthy.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn