Author Topic: NYT’s Friedman: Media Should ‘Absolutely’ Pursue Hunter Biden Story  (Read 670 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT’s Friedman: Media Should ‘Absolutely’ Pursue Hunter Biden Story

Trent Baker 29 Jul 2022

On Friday, New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman emphasized the importance of the mainstream media investigating Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings after his recovered laptop has reportedly shown some connections to his father, President Joe Biden.

With concerns over foreign influence being peddled to President Biden, Friedman told CNBC’s “Squawk Box” that he was “all for getting to the truth wherever it leads.”

“Squawk Box” host Joe Kernen asked Friedman, “In your view, would you say there’s been a reluctance for major media outlets to pursue that story and is that OK, do you think? …Do you feel it’s important that we follow the evidence here to see where it all leads, whether the president’s son benefitted from influence peddling or whether even the president himself may have benefitted, President Biden himself, from influence peddling? Is it a story?

“Absolutely,” Friedman replied.

“You pursue these stories unto their innermost parts,” he added. “I know The New York Times felt it didn’t pursue it originally as much as it wanted to; then it followed up, as I recall. I’m not an expert on the story, but, yeah, I’m all for getting to the truth wherever it leads.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/29/nyts-friedman-media-should-absolutely-pursue-hunter-biden-story/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

What he really means is:  they should engage in an active campaign of misdirection and misinformation, leading to pre-conceived conclusions (nothing to see here) so that, when the GOP gets around to a Congressional investigation, the DNC can say "old news, already investigated, nothing happened."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What he really means is:  they should engage in an active campaign of misdirection and misinformation, leading to pre-conceived conclusions (nothing to see here) so that, when the GOP gets around to a Congressional investigation, the DNC can say "old news, already investigated, nothing happened."

Well, it's the NYT and Thomas Friedman.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Well, it's the NYT and Thomas Friedman.....

Exactly.

Of course, on the other hand, if they have decided that they will have to "remove" Biden because, for example, he has already made it clear that he will not voluntarily resign, then perhaps this is the start of laying the groundwork for an impeachment or a 25th Amendment proceeding.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 03:48:08 pm by Kamaji »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Exactly.

Of course, on the other hand, if they have decided that they will have to "remove" Biden because, for example, he has already made it clear that he will not voluntarily resign, then perhaps this is the start of laying the groundwork for an impeachment or a 25th Amendment proceeding.

If I were in charge of the Republican Caucuses I'd have all the Pubbies voting to acquit an Impeachment and vote down any attempts to use the 25th Amendment.

Let the Rats twist in the wind.  It's not like anything's going to change if he's incapacitated anyway because he already is that today.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

If I were in charge of the Republican Caucuses I'd have all the Pubbies voting to acquit an Impeachment and vote down any attempts to use the 25th Amendment.

Let the Rats twist in the wind.  It's not like anything's going to change if he's incapacitated anyway because he already is that today.

Exactly.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Yep.

But if the media anted a 'blow the front page off the fishwrap' story, they'd hit this with the vigour they exhibited during Watergate.

But they aren't journalists any more, they are parrots for the regime.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yep.

But if the media anted a 'blow the front page off the fishwrap' story, they'd hit this with the vigour they exhibited during Watergate.

But they aren't journalists any more, they are parrots for the regime.
Just one disagreement, I don't think they were journalists as far back as Watergate. I think they were already well on their way to being a propaganda arm of the democrats even then.