Author Topic: Global Food Crisis: Restaurant Tsar Expects Winter Shortages, Tells Public to Stock Up Now  (Read 284 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Global Food Crisis: Restaurant Tsar Expects Winter Shortages, Tells Public to Stock Up Now

Peter Caddle 29 Jul 2022

The head of a major fast food chain in Ireland has expressed concern that the country may face food shortages this coming winter, telling the general public that they should stock up.

Pat McDonagh, the head of a local fast-food chain Supermac’s, has warned the public that Ireland may face food shortages over the coming winter, and that individuals should be looking to stock up on non-perishable food.

In his warning on Wednesday, McDonagh put great emphasis on difficulties to do with fertiliser in the country, the lack of which has the danger of halving farmers’ crop yields, something that has somehow not stopped the likes of Sri Lanka, the Netherlands and Canada from trying to clamp down on fertiliser use in service of their green agendas.

In an interview with local broadcaster Newstalk, McDonagh said that his fast-food empire was already suffering from an increase in the price of food, and that the general public — already plagued by an energy and housing crisis — could soon too face food shortages as a result of the Ukraine war.

“I would be concerned… in one sense there could be a little bit of a scarcity of food towards the end of the winter up towards December,” the Supermac’s head told the broadcaster.

“The price of, say, cooking oil has nearly doubled in the last six months because most of it comes from the sunflower in Ukraine,” he continued.

McDonagh went on to say that many farmers in the region have had their planting disrupted, while food producers at home have had to do without fertiliser due to high prices, two factors which he said would likely extend difficulties to do with food insecurities.

“I would be recommending people to buy a bit of long-life food earlier on,” he also said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/07/29/global-food-crisis-restaurant-tsar-expects-winter-shortages-tells-public-to-stock-up-now/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... works for the squirrels.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright