Author Topic: Chicago warns Lollapalooza-goers to be wary of fentanyl: ‘Test your drugs’  (Read 900 times)

Offline Kamaji

Chicago warns Lollapalooza-goers to be wary of fentanyl: ‘Test your drugs’

By Bratford Betz, Fox News
July 29, 2022

Chicago public health officials are advising Lollapalooza goers to test their drugs before partaking to make sure they are not laced with fentanyl.

The Chicago Department of Public Health put out a warning a day before the four-day music festival was set to begin in Grant Park.

“ATTN Chicago & LOLLA FANS,” a tweet from CDPH reads. “Fentanyl is a strong opioid that can easily cause overdose. Test your drugs before you use, carry Narcan, and don’t use alone. Call 911 if you suspect someone is overdosing.”

CDPH said fentanyl is found in cocaine, MDMA and other drugs – not just heroin. The department also said Narcan and fentanyl test strips can be picked up at Chicago public libraries “in easy-to-access Narcan dispenser kits.”

Narcan, also known as Naloxone, is a drug used to help to reverse symptoms of an overdose and save lives. Opioid overdoses typically include a drop in blood pressure, slowed heart rate, slowed or stopped breathing, blue lips and pale skin.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/29/chicago-warns-lollapalooza-goers-to-be-wary-of-fentanyl/

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Better yet, don't use at all in the first place!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:facepalm2:

Better yet, don't use at all in the first place!
Right. But notice that isn't even considered... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Right. But notice that isn't even considered... :shrug:

I noticed.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... and just how are they supposed to 'test' their drugs?  Let their friend try first, and if he doesn't die that means the smack is okay?

Just Say No ... To Liberals
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

... and just how are they supposed to 'test' their drugs?  Let their friend try first, and if he doesn't die that means the smack is okay?

Just Say No ... To Liberals

Not to worry, the Chicago government is right there for the druggies:

Narcan and fentanyl test strips can be picked up at Chicago public libraries “in easy-to-access Narcan dispenser kits.”

Just go down to your local public library - you know, the place that used to be full of books used for studying - and test for fentanyl.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I suggest that the attendees forego all tests, and take the heaviest doses possible...