Author Topic: Andrew Yang, Christine Todd Whitman move ‘Forward’ with third party  (Read 714 times)

Offline Kamaji

Andrew Yang, Christine Todd Whitman move ‘Forward’ with third party

By Callie Patteson
July 28, 2022

A group of ex-Republicans and Democrats has announced the formation of a third party, the latest effort to break the duopoly that has dominated American politics for more than a century.

Co-chaired by former Democratic presidential and New York mayoral candidate Andrew Yang and former Republican New Jersey Gov. Christine Todd Whitman, the “Forward” party is pitching itself as an alternative for centrists dissatisfied with the state of the two major parties.

“That’s right — the new Forward Party is now the biggest third party in the country! Our reach will expand very quickly,” Yang wrote on his personal website Wednesday. “We are already on the ballot in several states with a goal of 15 states by the end of this year, twice that number in ’23 and all 50 in ‘24.”

The party is the product of a merger of three groups — Forward, the Serve America Movement (SAM) and the Renew America Movement (RAM).

SAM was founded in 2017 by former Florida Republican Congressman David Jolly, while RAM was launched last year and includes among its leadership prominent critics of former President Donald Trump — including short-lived White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci, former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, and CNN talking head George Conway.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/andrew-yang-christine-todd-whitman-make-forward-third-party/

Offline Kamaji

So, the only real question is:  will this take more votes away from the GOP, or from the DNC?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So, the only real question is:  will this take more votes away from the GOP, or from the DNC?
Which will be hurt more by the 00.00001% of the votes they siphon off?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm with @GtHawk on this.  Neither.  It's stupidity on stilts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

3rd Party siphoned off conservative votes in 1992 and 1996 ... that's how Slick Willy became President with only 40-ish% of the popular vote of the 50-ish% of elligible voters that cast ballots.

But Ross Perot, was still right ... we'll be lucky to be plucking chickens once this globalist WTO free trade nonsense runs its full course.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is getting more and more traction.  RINO Danforth from MO is pushing an INDY to upset the applecart in the senatorial race.

This could really screw up '24, much like '92.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
3rd Party siphoned off conservative votes in 1992 and 1996 ... that's how Slick Willy became President with only 40-ish% of the popular vote of the 50-ish% of elligible voters that cast ballots.

But Ross Perot, was still right ... we'll be lucky to be plucking chickens once this globalist WTO free trade nonsense runs its full course.

The difference is...Pea-row was an outsider who was pissed that Bush I lied about not raising taxes.  This time it's two washed-up establishment politicians pissed off the Voters told them to eff off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online cato potatoe

It really depends on the circumstances.  Perot may have drawn more votes from Clinton than Bush, who languished with a mid 30s approval rating.  When Perot was out of the race, Clinton's lead actually increased.  I never understood that election ... a successful and mainstream WW2 vet running for a second term against a sleazebag and a crank. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It really depends on the circumstances.  Perot may have drawn more votes from Clinton than Bush, who languished with a mid 30s approval rating.  When Perot was out of the race, Clinton's lead actually increased.  I never understood that election ... a successful and mainstream WW2 vet running for a second term against a sleazebag and a crank.

Bush I misunderestimated the anger he caused by faulty lip-reading.  He was the direct opposite of Reagan in almost every way, and 'twas Buyers Remorse that done him in.
I will NOT comply.

Online cato potatoe

Bush I misunderestimated the anger he caused by faulty lip-reading.  He was the direct opposite of Reagan in almost every way, and 'twas Buyers Remorse that done him in.

That part was strange as well, since Clinton immediately hiked the top rate from 31% to 39.6, increased the corporate rate, fuel taxes, etc.  Perot ran on a similar range of tax increases.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That part was strange as well, since Clinton immediately hiked the top rate from 31% to 39.6, increased the corporate rate, fuel taxes, etc.  Perot ran on a similar range of tax increases.

Early proof of "No matter how bad our guy is, the Rat will be worse." 
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

Bet you a dollar this is all being done to allow Liz Cheney to run in 2024.