Author Topic: Liz Cheney for president? Wyoming lawmaker says she will 'make a decision about 2024 down the road'  (Read 1133 times)

Offline libertybele

I dare her to run.

Liz Cheney for president? Wyoming lawmaker says she will 'make a decision about 2024 down the road'

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming said during an interview on CNN's "State of the Union" that she has not yet made a choice about whether to mount a 2024 presidential bid.

Cheney, who voted in favor of impeaching then-President Donald Trump in the wake of the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot, is one of the two Republicans serving on the House Select Committee established to investigate the January 6 episode.

Cheney told CNN's Jake Tapper that she is currently focused on the work of the committee as well as her work as a representative for Wyomingites — she said that she will "make a decision about 2024 down the road."

The congresswoman, who is the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, has served as the representative for Wyoming's at-large congressional district since 2017.

Trump has backed challenger Harriet Hageman in the primary contest and described Cheney as a "warmonger," "disloyal Republican," and "RINO," which stands for "Republican in name only."

Cheney told Tapper that regardless of the outcome of the August 16 primary contest, she will "continue to fight hard to ensure Donald Trump is never anywhere close to the Oval Office ever again..............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/liz-cheney-for-president
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Liz Cheney could attract independent voters

She has no chance with the Republican base and has no chance with Democrats

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

Liz Cheney could attract independent voters

She has no chance with the Republican base and has no chance with Democrats
It doubtful she has a chance with any voters.

Offline mountaineer

The people of her own congressional district don't want her. Why should the rest of the country?

Offline roamer_1

The people of her own congressional district don't want her. Why should the rest of the country?

Because she is such a patriot and a martyr... Just ask her. She'll tell you...

Offline dfwgator

Beware!  The Rats may just decide to throw 2024 and allow a Romney or Cheney to win.  Not so much because they like them.  But because they realize it's the best way to kill MAGA for good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
No way Romney or Cheney end up with the Republican nomination.  Cheney is a ONE PERCENTER, and Romney the Rat's stock is valued as a penny stock these days.  I doubt he will win in Utah for another term.  If he does, they should be kicked from the union.

One thing I know for certain, neither of these maggots will get the nod.  Not in 2024, not EVER!!!!!!!!!

Offline mountaineer

Online Right_in_Virginia

She'll go for the VP slot on a swamp ticket.

Online DB

I will not vote for Cheney or Romney no matter what. And if she or he is in the VP slot of another candidate I will not vote that candidate either.

Period.

Offline roamer_1

I will not vote for Cheney or Romney no matter what. And if she or he is in the VP slot of another candidate I will not vote that candidate either.

Period.

But, but, BUTT... Infighting is supposed to be limited to the primaries...once the primaries are done, YOU HAVE TO pull the lever for the Big Rhinestone 'R'... Because Democratssss!

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

She can run, but she can't win.  She'd be a candidate without a party.  The looney left likes to see her on TV, but they won't vote for her.  GOP has disowned her.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Killer Clouds

Period.
Chances are that is never going to be a scenario you'll have to worry about. Cheney and Romney are finished politically.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
She can run, but she can't win.  She'd be a candidate without a party.  The looney left likes to see her on TV, but they won't vote for her.  GOP has disowned her.

That's exactly right...McCain deja vue....believing the lib press...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Oh please, please, please run. You’ll get walloped in the primaries and then you’ll slink away, never to be heard of again.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell