Author Topic: These US housing markets are most at risk for price plunge  (Read 430 times)

Offline Kamaji

These US housing markets are most at risk for price plunge
« on: July 27, 2022, 08:14:34 pm »
These US housing markets are most at risk for price plunge: analysis

By Thomas Barrabi
July 27, 2022

Markets that enjoyed huge run-ups in prices during the pandemic-era housing boom are now among those most at risk for a major correction if the US economy enters a recession, according to an analysis by real estate firm Redfin.

Redfin noted that the US housing market has “slowed considerably” this spring due to soaring interest rates and decades-high inflation.

That means buyers who poured into “popular migration destinations” during the COVID-19 pandemic are likely to see price declines in those overheated markets.

The coastal city of Riverside, Calif. had the highest “downturn risk score” of 84 out of 100, followed the once-booming market of Boise, Idaho with a 76.9 rating and a smattering of cities in warm-weather locales across Florida, Arizona and California.

“What goes up must come down,” Redfin senior economist Sheharyar Bokhari said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/27/these-us-housing-markets-are-most-at-risk-for-price-plunge/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: These US housing markets are most at risk for price plunge
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 09:02:16 pm »
I would hardly call Riverside CA "coastal."  Is the rest of the article this retarded?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 09:04:47 pm »
I would hardly call Riverside CA "coastal."  Is the rest of the article this retarded?

In this context, I don't believe "coastal" means "sitting on the waterfront"; it is coastal in the sense that it is in a state that is on the coast.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 09:15:00 pm »
In this context, I don't believe "coastal" means "sitting on the waterfront"; it is coastal in the sense that it is in a state that is on the coast.

That's possible, and indicates a lazy mind.  Riverside is also about a hundred miles from the River it's beside.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 09:17:16 pm »
That's possible, and indicates a lazy mind.  Riverside is also about a hundred miles from the River it's beside.

Riverside....One Big earthquake away from ocean front property
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.