Author Topic: Chicago Mom Forbidden To See Teen Daughter After Refusing To Pretend She’s The Opposite Sex  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Kamaji

Chicago Mom Forbidden To See Teen Daughter After Refusing To Pretend She’s The Opposite Sex

BY: OLIVIA HAJICEK
JULY 27, 2022

Jeanette Cooper, a mom in Chicago, has missed her daughter’s 13th, 14th, and 15th birthdays. She doesn’t get to be there as her daughter is learning to drive. In fact, she has only seen Sophia for eight and a half hours in the last three years. That’s because Cooper lost custody of her daughter after refusing to go along with Sophia’s belief that she is transgender.

When Sophia was 12, Cooper went to pick her up from a custodial visit at her father’s house, but her daughter refused to come home. Cooper learned that Sophia, whom the mother said had always come across as more feminine than Cooper, now identified as transgender and felt “unsafe” around her mom.

In a video interview with Kelsey Bolar for the Independent Women’s Forum, Cooper said the court did a seven-month investigation. “When they temporarily kept her with her dad for a period, I was fine with that. I thought that’s what they should do. That’s the responsibility of the court to investigate if a child is saying that they feel unsafe,” Cooper said.

But Cooper wouldn’t lie and say her daughter was not a girl. “They want me to have a certain understanding that there is such a thing as a child who is born transgender, and this is who they are,” Cooper said, as noted in an article Bolar wrote telling her story. “I do not believe that to be true. I will not lie to the court. I will not state otherwise. I believe too strongly in my oath to tell the truth. My child is a girl, and I won’t lie to her or anyone else. I think that’s good parenting.”

According to the article, Cooper signed a new parenting agreement in which she gave up time with Sophia. “I suppose I agreed to it,” Cooper said. “I’m not sure I had any choice.” According to Bolar’s article, “In return for giving up her ability to spend time with her daughter, Jeannette negotiated for a legal commitment that Sophia will not medically transition without a court order or Jeannette’s written permission. She also retained the ability to contact Sophia by postal mail.”

“People who are imprisoned have more communication with their child than I do,” Cooper said. “That’s wrong.” Even with almost no contact with her daughter, Cooper said she is still parenting.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/27/chicago-mom-forbidden-to-see-teen-daughter-after-refusing-to-pretend-shes-the-opposite-sex/

Offline mountaineer

Just putting this out there ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Just putting this out there ...

How about deep psychological trauma?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Yeah, the FDA has barely scratched the surface when it comes to the harm this "gender affirming" crap will do to children.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org