Author Topic: GOP senators are skeptical damaged Trump can win in 2024  (Read 1259 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senators are skeptical damaged Trump can win in 2024
« on: July 30, 2022, 01:31:05 pm »
by Alexander Bolton - 07/30/22 5:50 AM ET

The damaging revelations of the Jan. 6 committee hearings are fueling skepticism among Senate Republicans that Donald Trump can win the GOP nomination in 2024 or even run for another term in the White House. 

One Republican senator, who requested anonymity to comment on the former president, said the “cascade” of embarrassing details about Trump’s conduct in the weeks before Jan. 6, 2021, and during the attack on the U.S. Capitol will seriously damage his political viability ahead of the 2024 election. 

“I don’t think he’ll run again and that’s a good thing, because of the whole cascade of events,” the senator said, referring to testimony by former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson that Trump lunged at a Secret Service agent when he refused to drive him to the Capitol on Jan. 6. 

Hutchinson, an aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, is now cooperating with a Justice Department investigation into the Jan. 6 attack, according to media reports.   

A second GOP senator, who requested anonymity, said the overwhelming majority of Republican senators don’t want him to be the party’s nominee for president again.

“I could count on one hand the number of Republican senators who want Donald Trump to be our nominee,” said the lawmaker, adding: “I could count it on one finger.” 

The senator said “the cumulative effect” of the Jan. 6 hearings is weighing on Trump’s viability in 2024.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3580149-gop-senators-are-skeptical-damaged-trump-can-win-in-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP senators are skeptical damaged Trump can win in 2024
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 01:38:12 pm »
Swamp critters say what?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 04:34:28 pm »
They didn't want him last time. That was evident by the way they so resolutely backed all his policies. After all, he's bad for their good ol' boy Swamp franchise.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 05:04:54 pm »
A second GOP senator, who requested anonymity, said the overwhelming majority of Republican senators don’t want him to be the party’s nominee for president again.

“I could count on one hand the number of Republican senators who want Donald Trump to be our nominee,” said the lawmaker, adding: “I could count it on one finger.”

That's odd, for some reason I thought it was up to 'We The People' to decide who we wanted to be our nominee not some self centered and self interest group of swamp dwellers. I guess it's no surprise that like democrats these 'GOP' senators believe that it's they who make all the decisions for us little people because we just don't know what's best for us.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 05:09:28 pm »

Translation: "RINO Senators terrified Trump will win and out them and their backdoor "cash under the table" deals with the Dims",causing them to lose their next election and their seats on the Gravy Train.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 05:11:21 pm »

Good thing it is the PEOPLE who elect these creatures,instead of them electing each other,ain't it?

Anyone thing there are maybe good reasons for this?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2022, 05:14:23 pm »

That's odd, for some reason I thought it was up to 'We The People' to decide who we wanted to be our nominee not some self centered and self interest group of swamp dwellers. I guess it's no surprise that like democrats these 'GOP' senators believe that it's they who make all the decisions for us little people because we just don't know what's best for us.

@GtHawk

Well,they CLEARLY know what is best for THEM,which is WHY we need to elect Trump.

These people are elected for the purpose of serving AMERICA,not themselves and their bestest political buttbuddies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 06:23:12 pm »
My old expression:  "The Senate is filled with 100 people who think they should be the President, and one person who actually could if the President croaks."

I rely on no Senator to tell me about who should be President.  The only true answer would be "Me!" but Senators make lousy Presidents because they spent a lifetime compromising their principles.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 06:37:51 pm »
Good thing it is the PEOPLE who elect these creatures,instead of them electing each other,ain't it?

Anyone thing there are maybe good reasons for this?

Only problem with that is that WE the people elect who they tell us we can elect for the most part. If you want examples @sneakypete I'll be happy to provide them.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 06:40:12 pm »
My old expression:  "The Senate is filled with 100 people who think they should be the President, and one person who actually could if the President croaks."

I rely on no Senator to tell me about who should be President.  The only true answer would be "Me!" but Senators make lousy Presidents because they spent a lifetime compromising their principles.

Likewise, I allow no senator to tell me who I can have for MY senators! I just wish others would join me.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 06:50:49 pm »

I can count on one hand GOP Senators that are worth a darn.

Unfortunately Mitch does have a hand in who he wants to remain seated and who he will allow in to the country club. His leadership for the GOP is non-existent and his corruption runs deep.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2022, 07:28:45 pm »
GOP is throwing the midterms hoping they can blame it on Trump.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2022, 07:30:42 pm »
Trump gets my vote... warts and all... if for no other reason that he seems to be able to piss off so many sheep...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2022, 07:33:41 pm »
Trump gets my vote... warts and all... if for no other reason that he seems to be able to piss off so many sheep...

He has mine if he wants it as well because he earned it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2022, 07:47:18 pm »
He has mine if he wants it as well because he earned it.

Ditto.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 10:14:06 pm »
Bigun said (re Mr. Trump):
"He has mine if he wants it as well because he earned it."

Mr. Trump WILL be the Republican nominee in 2024.

Whether he is able to win again or not... too difficult to tell right now. If he does, it will be close... almost "too close for comfort". A near-replay of 2020.

We shall see...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 11:18:44 pm »
Only problem with that is that WE the people elect who they tell us we can elect for the most part. If you want examples @sneakypete I'll be happy to provide them.

@Bigun

I would happy to hear of a better system. Please name it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2022, 11:19:54 pm »

@EdinVA

There is a LOT to be said in favor of that!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2022, 12:05:33 am »
@EdinVA

There is a LOT to be said in favor of that!
@sneakypete
Trump really drives the globalists crazy and when Trump's efforts work they just cannot stand themselves... It's great.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2022, 12:14:31 am »
I can count on one hand GOP Senators that are worth a darn.

Unfortunately Mitch does have a hand in who he wants to remain seated and who he will allow in to the country club. His leadership for the GOP is non-existent and his corruption runs deep.
Hawley, Cruz, Kennedy, Lee.

Who am I missing?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2022, 12:17:15 am »

Who am I missing?

Cotton, Paul come to mind...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2022, 12:24:22 am »

Who am I missing?

Rand Paul, Marsha Blackburn.   I have become disappointed in Lee and so I'm not a fan. Maybe also Lummis in WY.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2022, 02:06:40 am »
Rand Paul, Marsha Blackburn.   I have become disappointed in Lee and so I'm not a fan. Maybe also Lummis in WY.
Yep, get your second hand out.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington