Author Topic: How Eco-Activists And Lawsuits Are Worsening Wildfires  (Read 349 times)

rebewranger

How Eco-Activists And Lawsuits Are Worsening Wildfires
« on: July 27, 2022, 02:46:44 pm »
WRITTEN BY JONATHAN WOOD ON JUL 27, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

How Eco-Activists And Lawsuits Are Worsening Wildfires

With more than three million acres already burned or burning, 2022 is shaping up to be another devastating year for wildfires in the U.S.

America’s forests need to be managed more actively, a task the Biden administration took up earlier this year when it announced a 10-year strategy to reduce excess fire fuels, like downed trees and underbrush, on up to 20 million acres of national forest and 30 million acres of other lands. [bold, links added]

This plan is a step in the right direction, but it’s unlikely to come to fruition if the administration doesn’t first tackle two major obstacles to forest restoration: environmental red tape and litigation.

Projects to clear out fire fuel often face substantial delays. New research from the think tank where I work, the Property and Environment Research Center, found that it takes an average of 3.6 years for efforts to clear downed, unhealthy, and too densely grown trees to move from the required environmental review to on-the-ground work.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-eco-activists-and-lawsuits-are-worsening-wildfires/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 02:47:33 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: How Eco-Activists And Lawsuits Are Worsening Wildfires
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 03:01:35 pm »
Berkley, CA, uses goats to clear brush to reduce fire risk.

https://www.berkeleyside.org/2011/07/11/goats-reduce-fire-hazards-in-the-berkeley-hills

Goats reduce fire hazards in the Berkeley hills
By Robert Mills

For the past six weeks, more than 600 goats have been munching the grass and shrubs on the steep hills around the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, in a 6-week project to make 100 acres less susceptible to fire. ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 03:40:33 pm »
They are going to do NOTHING to 50 million acres.

And they will do nothing AT ALL without establishing the conditions and commitment to a long term plan favorable to the Forest Products industry.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 03:48:29 pm »
Berkley, CA, uses goats to clear brush to reduce fire risk.

It ain't like this is some brilliant discovery. What goats do has been known since ancient times.
Deer do the very same thing. And there are many, many more deer than goats. Yet the ladder fuels exist.

Typical liberal bullcrap