Author Topic: Country music star John Rich's new anti-woke song tells leftists to 'stick your progress where the s  (Read 545 times)

Online libertybele

Country music star John Rich's new anti-woke song tells leftists to 'stick your progress where the sun don't shine' — and it hits #1 on iTunes in just hours

Country star John Rich — one half of the popular duo Big & Rich — penned a decidedly anti-woke song he dubbed "Progress" that rails against left-wing politics and culture and stands up for traditional American values.

However, Rich told Just the News that he foresaw a problem getting a song that tells leftists to "stick your progress where the sun don't shine" played on the radio and distributed to the masses. Mainly because the music industry also leans left.

So Rich did an end-around on Friday, bypassing the music industry's gatekeepers and instead releasing "Progress" on Truth Social — the platform started by former President Donald Trump — and on the Rumble video platform.

In just a few hours, "Progress" jumped to number one on iTunes, Just the News said, besting the likes of Billie Eilish and Lizzo and Beyonce. A quick glance Tuesday at PopVortex revealed that "Progress" is indeed the top song on the American iTunes charts.

"Here I am with no record label, no publisher, no marketing deal," Rich told Just the News. "I just got a song that speaks to a lot of people, and Truth and Rumble pushed it out there. And man, I'm really proud of what we did today."............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/john-rich-progress-anti-woke
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Progress -by John Rich

There's a hole in this country where its heart used to be
And Old Glory's divided, on fire in the street
They say Building Back Better will make America great
If that's a wave of the future, all I've got to say

Stick your progress where the sun don't shine
Keep your big mess away from me and mine
If you leave us alone, well we'd all be just fine

They invite the whole world to come live in our land
And leave our countrymen dying in Afghanistan
They say let go of Jesus and let government save
You can have back your freedoms if you do what we say

They shut down our pipelines and they shut down our voices
They shut down our Main Streets and they shut down our choices
They bent us all over, but it's all over now
'Cause we've figured it out, we ain't backing down

Where the sun don't shine

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnrich/progress.html

Offline roamer_1

And btw... I am pissed off enough anymore that I am more along the lines of Kid Rock's 'We the People'  :beer: