Author Topic: Canada’s Trudeau Declares War on Fertilizer, Following the Footsteps of Sri Lanka  (Read 1654 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Canada’s Trudeau Declares War on Fertilizer, Following the Footsteps of Sri Lanka

John Hayward 26 Jul 2022

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau ignored cries of anger and desperation from farmers and provincial officials last weekend by pressing ahead with a climate change agenda that will dramatically reduce Canada’s use of fertilizer — the same ruinous strategy that drove Dutch farmers into revolt and destroyed the agriculture of Sri Lanka.

The Toronto Sun reported on a dismaying Friday meeting of federal and provincial ministers, in which the latter could not convince the Trudeau administration to show any “flexibility” in its emissions targets, not even with a global food crisis on the horizon:

Several provincial governments, and organizations representing farmers have asked for emissions reductions from fertilizer to be measured via intensity – how much food is produced compared to the amount of fertilizer used. The Trudeau government is demanding an absolute reduction in emissions, which farmers say will result in less food being produced at a time when the world can ill afford it.

“The world is looking for Canada to increase production and be a solution to global food shortages. The Federal government needs to display that they understand this,” Alberta minister Nate Horner said.

“We’re really concerned with this arbitrary goal,” Saskatchewan’s David Marit said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2022/07/26/canadas-trudeau-declares-war-on-fertilizer-following-the-footsteps-of-sri-lanka/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
How does this maggot retain control of Canada?  Are they that bankrupt for credible politicians that are worth a good BM?

Trudeau is a worthless, mindless POS.

Offline Kamaji

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I guess Trudy wasn't satisfied with a trucker protest so he's engineering a farmer protest with tractors and combines blocking roads, hell maybe the truckers will join the farmers when they protest and Trudy will call out the military and that just might get him....terminated.

Offline LMAO

Trudy is your typical leftist

If you were to show him what happened to Sri Lanka following the same policies, he would say something to the effect of the right people weren’t in charge of it there
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What the hell is wrong with these nuts?

Without fertilizer, millions will strave to death.  Are they intentionally trying to create famine?  Is this part of a larger plan to de-populate the Earth?

It makes no sense on any level - to needlessly inflict so much suffering upon so many people to achieve, what?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's going to happen HERE, before too much longer...

Offline Kamaji

Better if Canada goes first, and provides the U.S. with an object lesson in what happens when one allows the eco-fascists to continue doing what they're doing.

Offline mountaineer

Nothing to see here.......
Just 43 train carriages over turned carrying fertilizer in Canada...... 

https://twitter.com/Amaralee23/status/1551726895544160256
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bilo

What the hell is wrong with these nuts?

Without fertilizer, millions will strave to death.  Are they intentionally trying to create famine?  Is this part of a larger plan to de-populate the Earth?

It makes no sense on any level - to needlessly inflict so much suffering upon so many people to achieve, what?

The last time I got into a discussion with "green earth worshipper" about organic farming I asked a simple question that ended the discussion.

I asked, " so which 2 billion people die".

The greens are so insane they can't see the good technology has done. Hopefully people will wake up and put an end to this insanity.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LMAO

Hopefully people will wake up and put an end to this insanity.

They are waking up and will put an end to this insanity

Unfortunately, we all are going to get a cruel lesson in progressive policies in the meantime
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

The last time I got into a discussion with "green earth worshipper" about organic farming I asked a simple question that ended the discussion.

I asked, " so which 2 billion people die".

The greens are so insane they can't see the good technology has done. Hopefully people will wake up and put an end to this insanity.

So… what was the answer you got?

Barry Goldwater

Offline bilo

They are waking up and will put an end to this insanity

Unfortunately, we all are going to get a cruel lesson in progressive policies in the meantime

I think you are spot on!

Offline bilo

So… what was the answer you got?

She just looked at me dumbfounded and someone immediately changed the topic.

I think any sane person would condemn the idea of starving to death 25% of the world's population. Our problem is the self righteous idiots who can't see the consequences of their actions.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Nutrien, a large global fertilizer company, is Canadian.  That dumb cannuck is going to put a Canadian company and employer out of business, after which, there will be global food shortages and famine.

Just goes to show, if you are company that wants to make anything, you need to sell out to the Chi-coms, India, or move to Africa or Latin America.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline bilo

Nutrien, a large global fertilizer company, is Canadian.  That dumb cannuck is going to put a Canadian company and employer out of business, after which, there will be global food shortages and famine.

Just goes to show, if you are company that wants to make anything, you need to sell out to the Chi-coms, India, or move to Africa or Latin America.

Maybe Alberta should seek to become a part of the USA after we get rid of the leftist policies here.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RE mountaineer's pic above:

That's a pretty good pileup. Got through my whole career without anything like that!

Those big covered hoppers easily weigh 100 tons or more when loaded. When one of them goes off, the ones behind keep pushing...!

Online roamer_1

Maybe Alberta should seek to become a part of the USA after we get rid of the leftist policies here.

And NWT/Yukon... Tie AK to the lower 48 and suddenly, deep ports not controlled by liberal states.
That would be a beautiful thing (and Saskatchewan not far behind)...

Won't happen though. Canucks are proud to be Canucks, We can be brothers, but not the same.

Offline bilo

And NWT/Yukon... Tie AK to the lower 48 and suddenly, deep ports not controlled by liberal states.
That would be a beautiful thing (and Saskatchewan not far behind)...

Won't happen though. Canucks are proud to be Canucks, We can be brothers, but not the same.

I know, but they would be welcome in the nation of deplorables.

Online roamer_1

I know, but they would be welcome in the nation of deplorables.

They already ARE deplorables... They proved up on that.

True North, Strong and Free.  :beer: :patriot: