Author Topic: Exclusive: Thousands of U.S. cattle buried, dumped at Kansas landfill  (Read 813 times)

Offline libertybele

9999hair out0000

Exclusive: Thousands of U.S. cattle buried, dumped at Kansas landfill

Top U.S. cattle feeding companies sent 1,000-pound carcasses to a Kansas landfill, where they were flattened by loader machines and mixed with trash, after a June heatwave killed thousands of cows, documents seen by Reuters show.

Other cattle were buried in unlined graves, a feeding company said.

Neither is a typical method for disposing of bodies. But so many cows died in the unusual heat and humidity that facilities that normally convert carcasses into pet food and fertilizer products were overwhelmed, prompting the state government and cattle feeders to take emergency measures. read more

The mass deaths and subsequent scramble to deal with decaying bodies sparked a push for changes in the meat industry in Kansas, the third-largest U.S. cattle state.

Kansas is forecast to see more high temperatures that can stress and potentially kill cattle this summer, adding to the myriad problems caused by increasingly extreme weather linked to climate change.

Although state officials authorized companies to dispose of carcasses at the Seward County Landfill in Liberal, Kansas, they are now considering alternatives to decrease the risks for foul smells and other problems if more deaths occur, the landfill's director said.

The disposal methods and identities of companies that lost cattle have not previously been reported. They were contained in documents Reuters obtained from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and confirmed by some companies involved.

At least 2,117 cattle died after humidity levels spiked, winds disappeared and temperatures topped 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38°C) in southwestern Kansas during the weekend of June 11, state records show. It was early in the year for such heat and before some cattle had fully shed their winter coats..................

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-thousands-us-cattle-buried-dumped-kansas-landfill-after-deadly-2022-07-26/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

so many cows died in the unusual heat and humidity
I've read that this "explanation" is utter BS, in that cattle do not normally die from such weather conditions.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I've read that this "explanation" is utter BS, in that cattle do not normally die from such weather conditions.  :shrug:
Had me scratching my head, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Had me scratching my head, too.

That's right. If they can get to shade, water, and food, there ain't no cause.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Well, this death spiral of cows will help reduce the high methane from cow farts.  Maybe Bill Gates is behind this.

No better way to depopulate a planet than eliminate water and food. 

I read awhile back that 90% of the USA population would starve to death in one year with the right circumstances.  Is that coming?  Never thought it possible, but now with Wrecking Ball Joe and his assorted company of clowns and commies...hell yes, we could all be dead in a year!!!!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Makes one think of Hitler's Final Solution, doesn't it?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington