Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Proposes $2.2 Billion Plan to Entice NFL Team to Stay; Bears Moving On to Safer Suburb  (Read 957 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago Mayor Proposes $2.2 Billion Plan to Entice NFL Team to Stay; Bears Moving On to Safer Suburb
By  Corinne Murdock

Jul 25, 2022   DailyWire.com

On Monday, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot proposed a $900 million to $2.2 billion Hail Mary offer to convince the Bears to stay in their home stadium of over 50 years.

However, the Chicago Bears stated in a press release earlier this month that they wouldn’t consider any other offers, even for their home stadium, Soldier Field. The NFL team reaffirmed that sentiment to ESPN this week, noting that they were set on moving to another location over 30 miles away.

“As part of our mutual agreement with the seller of that property, we are not pursuing alternative stadium deals or sites, including renovations to Soldier Field, while we are under contract,” stated the team.

The Bears plan to move to Arlington Park, the longtime site of Churchill Downs’ thoroughbred racing in Arlington Heights. That area experiences well below the national median of crime levels, according to multiple crime statistic analyses. Census data reports that the area has a median household income of over $100,200, and just over four percent of residents were in poverty.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/chicago-mayor-proposes-2-2-billion-plan-to-entice-nfl-team-to-stay-bears-moving-on-to-safer-suburb
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Did Mayor Beetlejuice get the money from defunding the police?
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Moving to the western suburbs make good sense.  Loved watching the Bears play in Soldiers Field but even with the renovation it still is a shithole.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My brother in law moved his commodities firm out of Chicago..Chicago is quickly becoming a ghost town..no one in their right mind goes into town...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mystery wrote:
"Chicago is quickly becoming a ghost town..no one in their right mind goes into town..."

How many more years before Chicago "out-Detroits" Detroit...?

Offline LMAO

Mystery wrote:
"Chicago is quickly becoming a ghost town..no one in their right mind goes into town..."

How many more years before Chicago "out-Detroits" Detroit...?

Or Minneapolis
Or Baltimore
Or Atlanta
Or New York City
Or Portland
Or Los Angeles
Or………
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy