Author Topic: 'YOU CAN'T FAKE THIS!': CNN panel rejects Biden White House recession spin  (Read 1066 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 25, 2022 8:14pm EDT
CNN panel rejects Biden White House spin attempting to change definition of recession: 'You can't fake this!'
The Biden administration is attempting to redefine what a recession is ahead of new GDP data
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

A panel on CNN Monday slammed the Biden administration's attempt to change the definition of a recession as incoming GDP numbers may signal an economic downturn.

Data being released on Thursday will show whether the U.S. economy shrank for two consecutive quarters, which has long been how economists defined what a recession is. However, several White House officials have already pushed their talking points as a preemptive spin on the likely bad headlines they will face.

On "The Lead," CNN anchor Kasie Hunt began the discussion by telling the panel she's "struggling" with what the White House is putting out there.

"I get that why they want to do it from a political perspective, but like, you can't fake this!" Hunt exclaimed.

CNN editor at large Chris Cillizza mocked President Biden for saying "We're not going to be in a recession, in my view" during an exchange with Fox News' Peter Doocy, telling Hunt, "'In my view,' I should be drafted into the NBA."

"It doesn't really matter what you think," Cillizza said. "There is a technical definition, two straight quarters of negative economic growth. They clearly believe that is likely to come to pass later this week. They’re trying to pre-but it."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-panel-rejects-biden-white-house-spin-attempting-change-definition-recession
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Hold on now...

It shrank two consecutive quarters AFTER nearly a year of 'growth' that has not yet recovered to pre-covid numbers. We were already in a bad way. with a 'recovery' that left us in a bad way, before beginning to fall sommore into a bad way.

You can't put lipstick on this pig.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 :pondering:

When you lose CNN....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
What a lot of people also don't understand is the quarter by quarter numbers for GDP are not inflation adjusted.  So when the GDP is reported this week, one needs to compound it another 3 or 4% to account for one quarter of Bidenflation.

Pedo Joe is sticking his finger at the bottom of the sink trying to hide the swirl of the circling of the drain of this economy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Biden lost the press when he fist-bumped Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, the man who had a journalist murdered and dismembered.

Is Art Vandelay a White House economist?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 02:22:27 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Huge slew of earnings misses today in the market. 

WMT down as much as 10% during the day.  Business is screeching to a slowdown.  I won't be surprised to see a 2% drop in GDP Thursday, based on the past weeks data.

The "phantom" Biden recession has begun, and its only going to get worse, until we some sound fiscal policy in play.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hold on now...

It shrank two consecutive quarters AFTER nearly a year of 'growth' that has not yet recovered to pre-covid numbers. We were already in a bad way. with a 'recovery' that left us in a bad way, before beginning to fall sommore into a bad way.

Sure they can!  And most assuredly will!

Biden:
"We are not headed into a recession."

Right! We are already in one!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 08:53:28 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Biden lost the press when he fist-bumped Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, the man who had a journalist murdered and dismembered.

Good point.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

If I was a betting man, I would wager that the report that is about to be released will show positive growth for the last quarter.  I don't for a second believe it's true.  But the current regime has a propensity for lying that is unparalleled in US history.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hold on now...

@roamer_1

Not everybody is suffering. Hunter and Joe seem to be doing well,as do all their billionaire associates.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Not everybody is suffering. Hunter and Joe seem to be doing well,as do all their billionaire associates.

YES. Imagine that...  *****rollingeyes*****