Author Topic: Democrats Decriminalized Drugs to Help Black People. Black Overdoses Skyrocketed  (Read 564 times)

rebewranger

Democrats Decriminalized Drugs to Help Black People. Black Overdoses Skyrocketed
Eliminating the crime doesn’t eliminate the consequences.

Mon Jul 25, 2022Daniel Greenfield

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is an investigative journalist and writer focusing on the radical Left and Islamic terrorism.

Last year, Squad members and leftist Democrats introduced the Drug Policy Reform Act which would decriminalize drugs at a federal level. The Act falsely claims that the drug war led to  "the deaths of countless black and brown people".

Rep. Cori Bush contended that ending "criminal penalties for drug possession at the federal level" would help "repair harm in black and brown communities".

But even without a federal law, drug decriminalization has swept the country.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2022/07/democrats-decriminalized-drugs-help-black-people-daniel-greenfield/

Offline LMAO

It seems every Democrat attempt to “help” Black people seems to hurt them more
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

It seems every Democrat attempt to “help” Black people seems to hurt them more
It seems every Democrat Communist Party attempt to “help” anyone seems to hurt them even more.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How is making the means of self-destruction more readily available to people "helping" them?
(Keeping the border open helps make drugs more available, too.)
Unless the party of death wants to help them into a pine box.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

How is making the means of self-destruction more readily available to people "helping" them?

Just like you can ask how is defunding the police in high crime neighborhoods helping the people of those neighborhoods?
It’s the left. The left doesn’t think logically like most people.

The left tends to view the world with the simplicity of a child. If you were to take any issue the world is facing and ask a child what they think the solutions to the problem would be, their answer would be similar to what you hear out of adult leftist

Eventually, as children grow up and their minds mature, they tend to understand the world is more complex. For those who don’t mature, they become university professors, journalist, and Democrat politicians
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

It ain't that hard. You get MORE of what you support.

Offline Killer Clouds

Just like you can ask how is defunding the police in high crime neighborhoods helping the people of those neighborhoods?

The left tends to view the world with the simplicity of a child. If you were to take any issue the world is facing and ask a child what they think the solutions to the problem would be, their answer would be similar to what you hear out of adult leftist

Eventually, as children grow up and their minds mature, they tend to understand the world is more complex. For those who don’t mature, they become university professors, journalist, and Democrat politicians
Defunding the Blueline Mafia pigs in high crime areas just gets rid of a taxpayer funded gang in those areas. People are better off defending themselves.

Offline Hoodat

Democrats Decriminalized Drugs to Help Black People win black votes.

There, fixed it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Deprived of other methods of practicing eugenics on blacks, this provides yet another method of removing more Black and other inner city people from the gene pool. Not just the risks of overdoses and the inevitable physical degradation of the addicts themselves, nor the spin-off effects on family at all levels, this invites the inevitable turf wars over drug commerce that will up the body count.

Which brings me to the inevitable conclusion that the only ones to benefit are those engaged in (directly or indirectly) high level trafficking of those substances. Perhaps removing the legal stigma means that those high level traffickers will gain a lack of legal responsibility for their wares, but it indicates to me that those dealing on a high level (or getting paid to ignore it) are just opening markets in hopes of getting a slice of a bigger pie.
That they are either politically connected or directly involved in the politics crosses my mind as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis