Author Topic: Bret Baier’s take on Jan 6 show trial: Laying out ‘187 minutes makes him look horrific’  (Read 456 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bret Baier’s take on Jan 6 show trial: Laying out ‘187 minutes makes him look horrific’
July 25, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty

When it comes to the Jan. 6 committee hearings, Bret Baier, the “fair and balanced” anchor of Fox News “Special Report,” has appeared to hold his thumb on the sham side of the scale and his latest take on former President Donald Trump was indeed “horrific.”

Baier joined “MediaBuzz” Sunday to recap the latest hearing with host Howard Kurtz where the focus was placed on the supposed 187 minutes of inaction from the president as the Capitol was being breached. When asked about the impact testimony was having on public opinion, the anchor seemed all too eager to malign Trump.

“Laying out all of these 187 minutes makes him look horrific. It really does. And it’s for everybody to see, and the president’s inaction and the vice president’s action getting on the phone is very telling,” Baier contended.

He then laid into opposition of the committee and said, “Critics of this committee will always come back to, ‘Why not allow cross-examination? Why not have another side that has a defense of the target that you’re going after?'” and Kurtz demonstrated exactly why that wouldn’t happen as he touched on the “most chilling moment” pertaining to testimony alleging Secret Service agents were “saying goodbye to their families” out of fear for their lives during the breach.

Baier’s penchant for distancing from the facts in favor of the narrative regarding Jan. 6 was previously highlighted when his initial reaction to former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s hearsay testimony was to trust it because, “Cassidy Hutchinson is under oath on Capitol Hill,” adding that her “testimony was very compelling from beginning to end.”

Despite the backlash over the hot take that rallied colleague Geraldo Rivera to defend Baier and assert Hutchinson deserved the Medal of Freedom, the anchor knowingly diverted from the facts again.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/07/25/bret-baiers-take-on-jan-6-show-trial-laying-out-187-minutes-makes-him-look-horrific-1265786/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Baier had a chance to balance the equation and stench when Chrissy Wallace left. 

I really think Baier is a flimsy journalist.  If he had done his research, back-story, and extrapolate some connectable dots, I think he would have come up with a opposite conclusion. 

No Sale.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I used to watch Bret's show faithfully, now I watch Evening Edit with Eliabeth McDonald on Fox Business.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump did act in those 187 minutes ... he lobbied Republican members of Congress to oppose slates of Electors from specific states to buy more time to challenge the 2020 election results.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Baier had a chance to balance the equation and stench when Chrissy Wallace left. 

I really think Baier is a flimsy journalist.  If he had done his research, back-story, and extrapolate some connectable dots, I think he would have come up with a opposite conclusion. 

No Sale.

Hmmm.... IMO, it's a form of prostitution.  All in an attempt at more viewers.

What better person than the anchor of the #1 prime-time news show in the nation? 
Yes, a dwindling audience to be sure, but that's for another day.

I have close relatives and friends who are Democrats and are already making rumblings about being willing to vote for Liz Cheney if she ran, etc..

To simplify... they have been programmed and conditioned to hate "POTUS TRUMP".  Even today, it's impossible for them to admit things were better under his Admin.

THAT'S who/what $$$ Bret Baier is going after.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald