Author Topic: Manchin tests positive for COVID-19  (Read 594 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin tests positive for COVID-19
« on: July 25, 2022, 03:26:32 pm »
 Manchin tests positive for COVID-19
by Peter Sullivan - 07/25/22 10:01 AM ET

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Monday that he tested positive for COVID-19.

“This morning I tested positive for COVID-19,” Manchin wrote on Twitter. “I am fully vaccinated and boosted and am experiencing mild symptoms. I will isolate and follow CDC guidelines as I continue to work remotely to serve West Virginians.”

Manchin is the latest in a string of senators to test positive, as well as President Biden.

If other Democrats test positive next week, it could pose an obstacle for passing a health care measure that would lower prescription drug prices and continue enhanced financial assistance under the Affordable Care Act. Manchin is a key vote on the measure in a Senate split evenly between the two parties.

Sens. Tom Carper (D-Del.) and Tina Smith (D-Minn.) also tested positive last week.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3572848-manchin-tests-positive-for-covid-19/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Manchin tests positive for COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 03:32:22 pm »
(One of the best uses of a COVID+ announcement....     :laugh:  )

JonathanTurley
@JonathanTurley

I have joined the ranks of the Covid positive despite being vaccinated and double boosted. I caught it after my wife became positive...

...So far I have flu-like symptoms. I am displaying the common strong cough, headache, sore throat and an overriding desire for a special counsel in the Hunter Biden investigation.

8:47 AM · Jul 24, 2022  Twitter Web App

« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 03:34:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 03:40:05 pm »
I'm double-vaxed and double-boosted with the Pfizer shot, and I got Covid in June.  My wife did not.

My parents-in-law, double-vaxed and double-boosted with the Moderna shot, got Covid two weeks ago.

Everyone is doing okay, but my mother-in-law was put on a course of paxlovid.

This week, it's spreading like wildfire among my co-workers and their families.

Regardless of vaccination status, there's almost no escaping this latest variant.

Time's up for Biden admin to update the shots.  Those developed to fight Wuhan Classic are no longer working to prevent disease.  Only a matter of time before later variants start putting more people in the hospitals again.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 06:40:06 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 10:30:44 pm »
At least Manchin is relatively healthy, not like el presidente débil.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 12:22:09 am »
Regardless of vaccination status, there's almost no escaping this latest variant.

I strongly disagree.  As a non-'vaccinated' [sic] person, I have been around people infected with this latest variant, and I have not become infected myself.  I owe it to the fact that I chose not to inject immunosuppressive agents into my body - agents that were medically engineered to suppress my own body's immune system.  I think 'vaccination' [sic] status has a hell of a lot to do with escaping this latest variant.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 12:36:03 am »
I strongly disagree.  As a non-'vaccinated' [sic] person, I have been around people infected with this latest variant, and I have not become infected myself.  I owe it to the fact that I chose not to inject immunosuppressive agents into my body - agents that were medically engineered to suppress my own body's immune system.  I think 'vaccination' [sic] status has a hell of a lot to do with escaping this latest variant.

Big DITTOS  :beer:

I have been protected only by jacking up my immune system with vitamins and minerals, and the occasional round of horse paste when faced with a crowd of interlopers. Same with my family. All of em, except my liberal sister and her fam, who have been infected numerous times, and seen many they know die.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 01:04:12 am »
"Biden COVID coordinator: “As testing ramps up, you tend to see an increase in cases.”

Remember the media reaction when Trump said this?"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/KyleMartinsen_/status/1551680048394129408