Author Topic: Gingrich: "American Tsunami" Will Deliver GOP 5-6 Senate Seats, 40-70 House Seats  (Read 1812 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Gingrich: "American Tsunami" Will Deliver GOP 5-6 Senate Seats, 40-70 House Seats
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date July 24, 2022

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich weighs in on the upcoming 2022 midterm election on the "FOX News Sunday" panel:

BRET BAIER: You've been in politics a long time. Democrats in some states around the country are funding more right-leaning candidates thinking it's going to be easier for them. They did it in Maryland, Pennsylvania. They failed in Colorado. This can whip around them.

NEWT GINGRICH: It's an a huge risk. You're faced with an American tsunami, not a republican. An American tsunami.

You saw some of it just now. 38% increase in New York City in the last year. People are going to go out, look at their gas tank, look at their grocery store, and I guess the Republicans are going to pick up probably five or six Senate seats somewhere between 40 and 70 House seats. It won't be obvious until October and in October will come crashing down. The Democrats are helping nominate the people they least want to see in office. It's crazy.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/07/24/gingrich_american_tsunami_will_deliver_gop_5-6_senate_seats_40-70_house_seats.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I would love to think that he is correct, but even IF he is, with everything that has transpired (J6 & impeachments, etc.) will it really make any difference?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline heelboy22

Maybe that many in the House but not sure about the Senate.  R candidates for Senate are not the strongest.  Hope he's right, though.

Online LMAO

Maybe that many in the House but not sure about the Senate.  R candidates for Senate are not the strongest.  Hope he's right, though.

I agree

Gingrich is more optimistic about the Senate than I am

Watch local races, also
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have sliced, diced, and parsed the Real Clear site, and I believe that Newt is way way way overoptimistic. 

I really don't think we win the senate.  If things don't break right, we might even lose one seat.

In the House, my bet is the GOP gains 20-25.  That'll be enough to wrestle the gavel away from the bitch Pelosi, but not the tsunami Ginrich is claiming.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

The dems are susceptible to a wave election if the public focuses their anger over the economy.  It's one possibility ... not the likeliest at this point.  Republicans need a big wave in order to gain even one senate seat.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I have sliced, diced, and parsed the Real Clear site, and I believe that Newt is way way way overoptimistic. 

I really don't think we win the senate.  If things don't break right, we might even lose one seat.

In the House, my bet is the GOP gains 20-25.  That'll be enough to wrestle the gavel away from the bitch Pelosi, but not the tsunami Ginrich is claiming.

At this point, I'm not even that optimistic.  IMO there is no way the DEMS are going to relinquish any kind of power. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online LMAO

At this point, I'm not even that optimistic.  IMO there is no way the DEMS are going to relinquish any kind of power.

They will have no choice but to relinquish power. I predict you’re going to hear cries of stolen elections and irregularities this fall but this time it’s going to come from the left
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

The Senate is gonna be a tougher bet because we have Walker and Oz that are weak candidates

But I don’t think that Newt Gingrich‘s prediction on the House are far off

And I think we’re going to see some surprises on the local level. We lost two long time Democrats on our local school board  in 2021 were registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It won't matter how big the tsunami is if "leadership" doesn't change!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I would love to think that he is correct, but even IF he is, with everything that has transpired (J6 & impeachments, etc.) will it really make any difference?

Without the Presidency they won't do much good anyway except block appointments anyway.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Very convenient thing for a Republican political consultant to say to acquire more clients and accounts.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think we have a good chance to pick up rhe AZ seat, but Oz will screw the pooch in PA.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline heelboy22

I think we have a good chance to pick up rhe AZ seat, but Oz will screw the pooch in PA.

Herschel not looking that great in GA either.  Hoping he'll get his act together and hit Warnock head-on.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It won't matter a bit in the end, unless they IMMEDIATELY ensure that the 2024 election will be strictly in-person with government photo ID.

Secondly, IMO, this is all planned out.

The Federal Reserve will make sure the Republicans get blamed for the coming DEpression and it will be the give-away Left coming to 'save'/enslave us spelling the end of the Republic, as Founded.

Possible 8% fixed rates by Summer's end.

NOBODY is going to sell real estate to a generation of buyers who've only known 2-1/2% to 3-1/2% 30yr fixed mortgage rates their entire adult lives.

No homes sell.  No lumber.  No appliances.  No supplies. 

Nuttin' Honey!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

THIS!!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Amen and Amen!!!!  Leadership needs to change and the GOP needs to get rid of a whole lot of RINO's.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It won't matter a bit in the end, unless they IMMEDIATELY ensure that the 2024 election will be strictly in-person with government photo ID.

The Federal Reserve will make sure the Republicans get blamed for the coming DEpression and it will be the give-away Left coming to 'save'/enslave us spelling the end of the Republic, as Founded.

NOBODY is going to sell real estate to a generation of buyers who've only known 2-1/2% to 3-1/2% 30yr fixed mortgage rates their entire adult lives.

Nuttin' Honey!

Of course it is planned. With Biden at the helm, the GOP will likely take the House in the mid terms and if they do they WILL get blamed for the recession -- the '24 election is the prize that the DEMS want. They will also try to ensure that Trump doesn't run again. Should they win in '24, they will have a super majority and move full throttle ahead.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Nuttin' Honey!

Accurate assessment.  As I have described previously, the U.S. is 3rd world bound quicker than anyone realizes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

With Biden at the helm, the GOP will likely take the House in the mid terms and if they do they WILL get blamed for the recession

By who?

As things are going, Biden will get the blame if things continue as they are by 2024. Maybe not from the pundits at  MSNBC. But by the public

Biden has blamed everything else and everybody else for his problems and it isn’t working now and it’s unlikely to work by 2024

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

And Walker in Georgia

Barry Goldwater

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Bingo.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I hate talk like this, especially from Gingrich. No matter how good things appear to look, nothing really ever changes.
We need Republicans to stop the self-immolation Biden and his Leftist controllers are committing on America.
However, once they put the immediate fires out, everything will return to steady-state normal. It always does.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Bingo.

If Turtle is allowed to remain in a leadership role, (majority or minority), there will have to be some kind of revolt, or the conservative base is going turn on the GOP.

Online roamer_1

If Turtle is allowed to remain in a leadership role, (majority or minority), there will have to be some kind of revolt, or the conservative base is going turn on the GOP.

Already did. I ain't alone. Been a few years ago, but at the time, more Conservatives stood outside the Republican party than in it.

The party has given nothing to its natural base beyond lip service to the social right (they need their votes) and war for the DEFCONS.  The entire work of the Republican party has been to divide their Conservative base and run !UP! the middle to crony capitalist globalism.