Author Topic: Mike Johnson: Hakeem Jeffries and I ‘Have a Lot More in Common’ than Most Think  (Read 57 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mike Johnson: Hakeem Jeffries and I ‘Have a Lot More in Common’ than Most Think

Sean Moran 10 May 20248

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) praised House Democrat Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) in an interview with Politico, saying that he and the Democrat leader have “more in common than people might think.”

Johnson said about Jeffries:

I have. Hakeem is a good man. We’ve worked well together. We have a lot more in common than people might think. You know, he’s from New York and I’m from Louisiana. While we have lots of disagreements on policies and the fine points of policy, I think you can appreciate people for who they are as a person. I think that’s what we’re called to do. And he and I both kind of share the worldview on that. I can appreciate that he’s a good family man. We have a lot in common in that regard. And he lost his father recently, I lost mine three days before I got elected to Congress. We’ve talked about that.

…

And I think what we’ve appreciated about one another is that I believe that when Hakeem Jeffries is telling me something, I believe he’s telling me the truth. I believe he is a man of his word. And I think he believes that about me as well. That’s a big thing in Washington. You know, trust is a rare commodity around here.
Johnson also said that he has found it “really refreshing” to know that Jeffries is “shooting straight.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/10/mike-johnson-hakeem-jeffries-have-lot-more-common-than-most-think/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bilo

Boy I bet the America First base of the Pub party is really happy we have an Establishment Loyalist Speaker.

I don't know about others, but in my pub primary I'll vote for the America First candidate and if he doesn't win, I'll leave that space on the ballot blank in the general election. There is no point in voting for a Pub if they aren't America First.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home