Author Topic: WV Sen. Joe Manchin leaves Democratic Party, registers as an independent  (Read 315 times)

Online mountaineer

by JESSICA A. BOTELHO
The National Desk
May 31st 2024 at 10:40 AM
West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin leaves Democratic Party, registers as an independent

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin announced he has left the Democratic Party and registered as an independent. ...

https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/1796547335767671199
-------------------

We're taking bets on whether he'll now run for governor (again).  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
BFD!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

I sure will be glad when the "dress sneakers" trend has passed.  They look like hell.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I hear He's running for Gov.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

More Moderate Dems and Repubs will run as Independents as both Parties are hostage to extremist interests.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

I hear He's running for Gov.
Most likely. There already is a Dem candidate, but Joe's okay with screwing him over.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
That's not going to save him.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mountaineer

He's not that much younger than Biden or Trump. Retire, already. He's socked away millions as a "public servant."

Online mountaineer

... He has long wanted to switch his party affiliation to become an independent, according to a second person familiar with the situation who was granted anonymity to discuss it. But a looming deadline in West Virginia forced the issue.

Candidates must file their political affiliation 60 days prior to a Aug. 1 deadline to run in this year’s election.

Now registered as an independent, Manchin still has time to mount another Senate race or a potential run for governor, a position he held from 2005 to 2010. ...
Associated Press

If he were to run for U.S. Senate, the Republican candidate is Gov. Jim Justice (a complete buffoon) and the Democrat is Wheeling mayor Glenn Elliott (a complete zero). If he ran for governor, he'd oppose Republican Atty Gen Patrick Morrisey, who's established a solid conservative record over the years, and Democrat mayor of Huntington, Steve Williams.

Offline PeteS in CA

There probably are a lot of Dems "out there" from whom the Dem Party has moved far away, but who are also not conservative. It would be interesting to learn how many such pols and voters are in this neither-fish-nor-fowl political no-man's-land.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.