Author Topic: DOJ reaches settlement with ex-FBI 'lovebirds' caught in anti-Trump text scandal  (Read 154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DOJ reaches settlement with ex-FBI 'lovebirds' caught in anti-Trump text scandal
The pair engaged in an affair and exchanged anti-Trump text messages prior to Trump's election
Jamie Joseph By Jamie Joseph Fox News
Published May 30, 2024 8:30am EDT

Former FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page have settled with the Justice Department over alleged privacy rights violations after the release of their disparaging text messages leveraged by former President Trump to challenge the Russia investigation during his presidency.

The settlement is still pending finalization and approval from a judge.

A tentative agreement was filed Tuesday resolving Page's 5-year-old lawsuit against the FBI for releasing text messages with Strzok — with whom she had an affair — that were critical of the former president. Strzok's lawsuit seeking backpay and reinstatement remains unsettled.

Page sought $1,000 in compensation following the leak of her text messages to the media. Additional details about the settlement were not immediately available.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-reaches-settlement-ex-fbi-lovebirds-caught-anti-trump-text-scandal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Settlement?

Some of these Fani escapades looked like felonies to me.   

An option that sure wasn't provided to DJT., 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

If those texts were sent or received on Government-issued official electronic devices, they had no right to privacy.

It's probably hush money to make the Hillary Illegal E-mail Server Scandal go away before she swoops in to "save" the Democratic Party for the 2024 Elections.

Why was Hillary's use of an illegal e-mail server for State Department sensitive communications never referred to a Grand Jury?  Grand Jury's decide if there is sufficient evidence to proceed with prosecution.  "Prosecutorial Discretion" is favoritism, corruption, and unequal application of the law.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:28:53 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Lemme guess... slap on the wrist. Next GOP President, assuming we have one, really needs to clean house.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If those texts were sent or received on Government-issued official electronic devices, they had no right to privacy.

It's probably hush money to make the Hillary Illegal E-mail Server Scandal go away before she swoops in to "save" the Democratic Party for the 2024 Elections.

Why was Hillary's use of an illegal e-mail server for State Department sensitive communications never referred to a Grand Jury?  Grand Jury's decide if there is sufficient evidence to proceed with prosecution.  "Prosecutorial Discretion" is favoritism, corruption, and unequal application of the law.

:bingo:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien