Author Topic: House Republicans devise robust plan to combat Biden’s Israel weapons pause  (Read 60 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Republicans devise robust plan to combat Biden’s Israel weapons pause
By
Samantha-Jo Roth
May 11, 2024 6:03 pm

Republicans, who control the House of Representatives, are planning to fight back against the Biden administration’s decision to pause weapons delivery to Israel, exploiting a deep divide on the matter among Democrats.

The House plans to vote on a bill to stop the White House’s hold on aid to Israel that was appropriated by Congress as soon as Wednesday, according to House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-LA).

The Israel Security Assistance Support Act would prohibit the administration from withholding aid sent to Israel that Congress appropriated and would require the “prompted delivery” of any military assistance. The bill would require any weapons to be shipped within 15 days. If agencies do not comply, the legislation would restrict funds for the State and Defense departments, including the salaries of employees who work there.

In an interview with CNN on Wednesday, President Joe Biden said he would not supply offensive weapons to Israel that could be used in Rafah, the last major Hamas stronghold in Gaza, where more than 1 million civilians are sheltering. Biden said the United States would still be committed to Israel’s defense and would supply Iron Dome rocket interceptors and other defensive weapons.

Biden’s move to delay military aid, including 2,000-pound bombs, amid disapproval over Israel’s plans to expand military operations in southern Gaza, has angered Republicans and has drawn mixed reactions from Democrats, who have been divided on how the U.S. should respond to the war in Gaza.

The vote on the legislation is likely to put a spotlight on the simmering divisions of Democrats on the matter. The Biden administration continues to face pressure from Democrats to stop providing weapons to Israel and increase humanitarian aid to Gaza.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-rebuked-oxford-debate-condemning-americans-clouded-guns-gays-god
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I don't see this as going anywhere as I don't see the DEMS siding with the GOP on this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't see this as going anywhere as I don't see the DEMS siding with the GOP on this.

I don't know about that.  This pissed off the constituents of many Rats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: