Author Topic: Liz Cheney: January 6 Probe Contemplating Subpoena for Ginni Thomas  (Read 698 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney: January 6 Probe Contemplating Subpoena for Ginni Thomas

Pam Key 24 Jul 2022

Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 riot said they are considering subpoenaing Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, over text messages she sent to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “The wife was Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas repeatedly corresponded with then, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and John Eastman. She was writing to them about efforts to overturn the 2020 election results. Not to mention, her correspondence with Arizona lawmakers pushing thick electorates. Is your committee planning on talking to her?”

Cheney said, “We are. The committee is engaged with their counsel. I hope she will agree to come in voluntarily. The committee is prepared to contemplate subpoena if she does not. I hope it doesn’t get to that. I hope she comes voluntarily.”

She added, “We’ve spoken with members of people who are similarly situated in terms of the discussions that she was having at you mentioned. It’s very important for us to speak with her. As I said, I hope she’ll agree to do so voluntarily. I’m sure we’ll contemplate a subpoena if she won’t.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/24/liz-cheney-january-6-probe-contemplating-subpoena-for-ginni-thomas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Liz Cheney: January 6 Probe Contemplating Subpoena for Ginni Thomas
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 02:13:13 pm »
Do it Lez. That will be the final nail in the rat party midterm coffin.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 03:17:57 pm »
Liz Cheney: January 6 Probe Contemplating Subpoena for Ginni Thomas

Pam Key 24 Jul 2022

Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 riot said they are considering subpoenaing Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, over text messages she sent to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “The wife was Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas repeatedly corresponded with then, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and John Eastman. She was writing to them about efforts to overturn the 2020 election results. Not to mention, her correspondence with Arizona lawmakers pushing thick electorates. Is your committee planning on talking to her?”

Cheney said, “We are. The committee is engaged with their counsel. I hope she will agree to come in voluntarily. The committee is prepared to contemplate subpoena if she does not. I hope it doesn’t get to that. I hope she comes voluntarily.”

She added, “We’ve spoken with members of people who are similarly situated in terms of the discussions that she was having at you mentioned. It’s very important for us to speak with her. As I said, I hope she’ll agree to do so voluntarily. I’m sure we’ll contemplate a subpoena if she won’t.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/24/liz-cheney-january-6-probe-contemplating-subpoena-for-ginni-thomas/
Her hatred for Trump is simply amazing.  Now she's contemplating running for president...lolololololololololol.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 05:47:43 pm »
Schiff on Possible Ginni Thomas Subpoena: Clarence Thomas Crossed a Line

Pam Key24 Jul 202210
2:14

Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas crossed a line when he dissented on the Supreme Court rejection of former President Donald Trump’s attempt to block the release of records to the House Select Committee investigating the January 6, 2021 riot at the Capitol.

Schiff was responding to a question about the committee potentially subpoenaing Ginni Thomas over text messages she sent to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Partial transcript as follows:

MARGARET BRENNAN: Your colleague Liz Cheney was on two other networks this morning, and she said that you all are discussing a potential subpoena for Ginni Thomas, who is married to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. Are there lines that shouldn’t be crossed here when it comes to the Supreme Court? Because one of the objections to the premise of a subpoena here is that it- it sets a dangerous precedent by putting the spouse of a justice in this political forum.

REP. SCHIFF: There are lines that shouldn’t be crossed, but those lines involve sitting Supreme Court justices, not presiding or appearing or taking action in cases in which their spouse may be implicated. And in this case, for Clarence Thomas to issue a decision, in a case, a dissent in a case where Congress is trying to get documents, and those documents might involve his own wife, that’s the line that’s been crossed. And I think, for Congress to be looking into these issues, looking into conflict of interest issues. But here, looking into issues, whether it involves the wife of a Supreme Court justice or anyone else, if they have information or role in an effort to overturn an election. Yes, they’re not excluded from examination.

MARGARET BRENNAN: It sounds like you’re saying you favor that subpoena?

REP. SCHIFF: Well, if she has relevant information or investigation, we hope she comes in voluntarily. But if she doesn’t, then we should give that a serious consideration. And, yes, I think those that we decided have important enough information should be subpoenaed.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/24/schiff-on-possible-ginni-thomas-subpoena-clarence-thomas-crossed-a-line/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 06:08:23 pm »
 :pondering: Sounds like the plan is really to set up some blackmailing of a sitting SC justice.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 08:55:10 pm »
Gonna love the optics on this one.  Government thugs kicking the door down of a sitting US Supreme Court Justice to arrest his wife for the charge of not leaving her house.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 12:26:19 am »
Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley

Schiff stripped away the pretense of subpoenaing Ginni Thomas about her messages to the White House. This is about her husband, not her support for the election challenges or what occurred on January 6th...

...On a committee that was tasked with uncovering what occurred on January 6th, Schiff is now saying that the committee’s jurisdiction would extend to what the Supreme Court did a year later...

...That is more than a case of “mission creep.” It is radical departure from past practices and could create dangerous precedent as members use such committees to investigate jurists on the motivations or communications leading to their opinions...

...It would constitute one of the most intrusive acts ever taken against the Court outside of a formal impeachment proceeding. It is a threat that should be universally condemned and immediately withdrawn.

4:16 PM · Jul 24, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 01:53:02 pm »
Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC

GOP should have a press conference scheduled for Monday. Announce the new investigative committee you’ll be forming on November 9th. List the names of elected Democrats who will be getting a subpoena if this madness doesn’t stop now.

Watch this stop now.

12:20 PM · Jul 24, 2022   Twitter for iPhone

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 11:46:12 pm »
Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC

GOP should have a press conference scheduled for Monday. Announce the new investigative committee you’ll be forming on November 9th. List the names of elected Democrats who will be getting a subpoena if this madness doesn’t stop now.

Watch this stop now.

12:20 PM · Jul 24, 2022   Twitter for iPhone
Exactly...