Author Topic: CIA director ‘proud’ of Afghanistan analysis despite disastrous Taliban takeover  (Read 321 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CIA director ‘proud’ of Afghanistan analysis despite disastrous Taliban takeover
by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
 | July 24, 2022 07:00 AM

CIA Director William Burns said he is “very proud” of the agency’s analysis in Afghanistan in 2021 despite being blindsided by the swift collapse of the Afghan government and failing to predict how quickly the Taliban would take Kabul.

The Taliban rapidly took over Afghanistan in mid-August amid a chaotic U.S. military withdrawal, and a suicide bombing by ISIS-K late that month killed 13 U.S. service members and at least 170 Afghan civilians as the United States led evacuation operations at the airport, with the Taliban providing security outside.

Hundreds of Americans and tens of thousands of Afghan allies and interpreters were still in the country when the U.S. left before the end of August.

Burns said Wednesday during an Aspen Security Forum discussion that he was “very proud … of the analysis, with all of its imperfections, that we tried to provide to policymakers over the six months leading up to the withdrawal.”

The CIA director prefaced this by admitting the agency had not predicted the Taliban would take over the country as fast as they did and that “all of us have lessons to learn from experiences like that.” He suggested that the CIA had at least gotten it less wrong than other parts of the U.S. government.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/foreign/cia-very-proud-afghanistan-analysis-disastrous-taliban-takeover
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The perfect summation of the Pedo Joe administration......

Not only are shitty results acceptable, they are proud of it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

Why do these people still have jobs?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The CIA is always proud of their work product when it results in the bad guys winning! Been that way since 1949 at least!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien