Author Topic: Trump and Pence host rival rallies in Arizona  (Read 4048 times)

Online libertybele

Trump and Pence host rival rallies in Arizona
« on: July 24, 2022, 12:08:40 am »
Trump and Pence host rival rallies in Arizona

Donald Trump and his former vice-president, Mike Pence, have held rival rallies for Republican candidates hoping to be Arizona's state governor.

Mr Trump spoke at an event for Kari Lake, who backs his false claims about election fraud, while Mr Pence supports her opponent, Karrin Taylor Robson.

Mr Trump and Mr Pence could both be running for the US presidency in 2024.

They fell out after Mr Trump accused Mr Pence of failing to block President Joe Biden's election victory in 2020.

Mr Trump claimed the election was stolen from him and wanted his vice-president to refuse to certify the election result, but Mr Pence decided this would be illegal.

During the Capitol riot on 6 January 2021, when a mob of his supporters stormed Congress in an effort to overturn the result, Mr Trump tweeted that Mr Pence "didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country".

The riot is currently being investigated by a congressional inquiry, which heard on Thursday night that Mr Trump had watched events unfold on TV at the White House, ignoring his children and aides who "begged him" to rebuke the mob.

At her rally on Friday in the central Arizona town of Prescott Valley, Ms Lake, a former TV news journalist, told supporters that "rigged elections" would no longer be accepted.

She was followed on stage by Mr Trump, who told the crowd that "the election was rigged and stolen and now our country is being systematically destroyed because of it"..............

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62278002
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump and Pence host rival rallies in Arizona
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 05:18:10 am »
I, for one, am so tired of the words "false claim" being used with the words "election fraud" when referring to 2020 I could spit.

It is a damned surety that the election was stolen, and any media outlet that repeats the bullshit that it wasn't deserves to crumble to dust.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 01:49:28 pm »
Am I the only one wondering how much the DNC paid people other than party regulars to attend the Pence event?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 02:44:44 pm »
So, who had the bigger draw?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 04:05:12 pm »
I got this far...

Mr Trump spoke at an event for Kari Lake, who backs his false claims about election fraud, while Mr Pence supports her opponent, Karrin Taylor Robson.

...before I stopped reading the BS.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 04:50:23 pm »
I got this far...

...before I stopped reading the BS.

@Cyber Liberty

Oddly enough,that is where  I stopped reading it,too. So much for "unbiased journalism",huh?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 04:53:36 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Oddly enough,that is where  I stopped reading it,too. So much for "unbiased journalism",huh?

Both of you got further than me.  I stopped at BBC.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 04:54:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 10:40:24 pm »
Show me the pics.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 12:25:56 am »
Trump and Pence duel in Arizona in fight for Republican future

It’s the fifth Trump rally the 27-year-old has attended since the former president lost the White House in 2020 – because Palazuelos vehemently believes the election was stolen. Any judge or lawmaker who concludes otherwise is “willfully ignorant”, he said, referring to the dozens of lawsuits and recounts nationwide which ruled out fraud.

“Fixing our election system is fundamental. That’s why Kari Lake is my No 1 for governor, because she won’t stop talking about the election,” said Palazuelos, an IT worker from Tucson, as Abba’s hit The Winner Takes it All blasted through the speakers. “Of course Trump’s endorsement means something.”

How much it means is the big question.

In Arizona’s gubernatorial race, candidate Kari Lake’s consistent and combative false claims about election fraud were rewarded with an endorsement from Trump back in January, which helped the former local Fox news anchor and Barack Obama supporter surge ahead in the race for the Republican nomination.

But Trump’s visit on Friday also took place as his former wingman Mike Pence spoke at two campaign events for Karrin Taylor Robson, Lake’s main rival in the key battleground state, who has stopped short of calling the election corrupt.

Trump and Pence squared off in Arizona the day after the congressional committee investigating the attempted coup on January 6 said that the then president’s refusal to call off the violent mob for over three hours amounted to a dereliction of duty. The duel signals a proxy war for the future of the Republican party, and follows revelations that Trump approved – or was at least nonchalant about – the mob chanting “hang Mike Pence”.

The duelling appearances underlines the importance of Arizona on the national stage, with the 2 August primaries likely to serve as a litmus test for Trump’s endorsement prowess ahead of the midterms, where the Republicans hope to win key state races and regain control of the Senate and House............

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/23/trump-pence-arizona-republicans-future-election

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 12:26:43 am »

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2022, 12:28:44 am »
Show me the pics.

I've looked for pics -- all I can find are pictures of Trump's rally. Pence pictures are only of Pence.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2022, 01:19:58 am »
In all my years the very thought of two words - Pence and Rally - have never crossed my mind.
Pence has all the personality and passion of a bar of Ivory Soap.
Trump picked him because he thought Pence was a 'safe bet'. Not at all.
Pence turned out to be a Judas Swamp Creature, in bed with all the other RINOs in the swamp.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2022, 01:48:00 am »
I've looked for pics -- all I can find are pictures of Trump's rally. Pence pictures are only of Pence.

Can you see the tweet I posted above, in answer to Fihsrr?
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2022, 01:50:29 am »
Can you see the tweet I posted above, in answer to Fihsrr?

Yes indeedy -- I was looking for other pics of Pence's rally.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 01:53:50 am by libertybele »

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 01:53:21 am »
In all my years the very thought of two words - Pence and Rally - have never crossed my mind.
Pence has all the personality and passion of a bar of Ivory Soap.
Trump picked him because he thought Pence was a 'safe bet'. Not at all.
Pence turned out to be a Judas Swamp Creature, in bed with all the other RINOs in the swamp.

888high58888   I think he looks like Lurch from the Addam's Family and has the personality of a grapefruit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2022, 01:55:27 am »
Yes indeedy -- I was looking for other pics.

Funny they're so hard to find, after days of AZCentral touting how yuge it would be.  I think VP Milquetoast had two rallies.  They are covering up for the fact Pence drew maybe 2-300 in the main one in Phoenix by only showing tight shots of Pence and Robson at the lecturn.
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2022, 02:08:57 am »
Funny they're so hard to find, after days of AZCentral touting how yuge it would be.  I think VP Milquetoast had two rallies.  They are covering up for the fact Pence drew maybe 2-300 in the main one in Phoenix by only showing tight shots of Pence and Robson at the lecturn.

The lack of attendance that he drew should be an embarrassment to him. He is pathetic.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2022, 02:17:36 am »
The lack of attendance that he drew should be an embarrassment to him. He is pathetic.

The most pain for this will be borne by the RINOs present he was there to endorse, like Karrin Taylor Robson who's running for Governor and Jim Lamon who's the RINO fave for US Senator.
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2022, 02:22:55 am »
Yes indeedy -- I was looking for other pics of Pence's rally.

There are none.   :laugh:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2022, 02:40:34 am »

@libertybele

Maybe he was the only one that showed up? (G)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2022, 04:09:30 am »
Jill Biden so called 'rally'

Not as a joke. Not as sarcasm. I seriously believe that Jill Biden wants to be the President.
She gives off a weird vibe that way ... she thinks she is acting as the President. Who knows if she is wrong?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2022, 09:50:31 pm »
Tyler Bowyer
@tylerbowyer

Remember when I tweeted about a Mike Pence endorsement hurting candidates (I also did the same about Doug Ducey and Jan Brewer) -- and consultants lost their minds?

Well... they can't say I didn't warn them. They would be smart to start working with the grassroots more often.

3:45 PM · Jul 28, 2022  Twitter Web App

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2022, 09:53:24 pm »
Tyler Bowyer
@tylerbowyer

Remember when I tweeted about a Mike Pence endorsement hurting candidates (I also did the same about Doug Ducey and Jan Brewer) -- and consultants lost their minds?

Well... they can't say I didn't warn them. They would be smart to start working with the grassroots more often.

3:45 PM · Jul 28, 2022  Twitter Web App

I agree with Tyler on most things, like this (I know him).  He has a much better bead on AZ voters than Nate Silver.  These endorsements are hurting the blessed candidates.
I will NOT comply.