Author Topic: Florida’s Surplus Budget Allows DeSantis to Help Families with $450 Per Child to Fight Inflation  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Florida’s Surplus Budget Allows DeSantis to Help Families with $450 Per Child to Fight Inflation
Breitbart, Jul 22, 2022

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is overseeing a relief effort for some 60,000 families in the state hit hardest by rising inflation with a one-time payment of $450 per child.

“These letters are real,” DeSantis’s press secretary, Christina Pushaw, said in a tweet with a copy of the documents families will receive.

Pushaw also pushed back against claims that these payments are hypocritical because of criticism by conservatives that Biden’s excessive federal spending is the cause for inflation.

The local NBC affiliate WFLA reported on the development:

It was not immediately clear who would qualify to receive the payments. Materials published by the state government said 59,000 families would be receiving the checks. First Lady Casey DeSantis’ held a roundtable on July 15 in Tampa to discuss state efforts to support foster and adoptive families in the state, where the funding effort was announced.

At the roundtable, DeSantis said the one-time $450 per child payments could be used for food, school supplies, or “whatever they need to make their kids successful.” The First Lady said foster parents, adoptive parents, and single mothers were all eligible for the funds.

The $450 payments are part of Hope Florida, which is administered by DCF. The Hope Florida program “utilizes ‘Care Navigators’ to guide Floridians on an individualized path to prosperity by focusing on community collaboration between the private sector, faith-based community, nonprofits, and government entities to break down traditional community silos in an effort to maximize resources and uncover opportunities,” according to the governor’s office. It’s main goal is to “help individuals realize economic self-sufficiency and prosperity.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/21/floridas-surplus-budget-allows-desantis-to-help-families-with-450-per-child-to-fight-inflation/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I guess a sales tax holiday was out of the question.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I guess a sales tax holiday was out of the question.

Even better how about banking it for later. Or the next hurricane, which is an inevitability.

Not the most conservative move by The Good Guv.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Even better how about banking it for later. Or the next hurricane, which is an inevitability.

Not the most conservative move by The Good Guv.

I'm not to worked up about it.  The money will go to mostly people who need the cash. Most of them are Democrats receiving the stipends.  This puts  Nikki Freed, Candy Daniels and Cuck Crisp in a rough spot ...and it will be worth it to see how they try to spin it. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.