Author Topic: Authorities investigate Tennessee cops after black man Brandon Calloway beaten after traffic stop  (Read 791 times)

Offline Kamaji

Authorities investigate Tennessee cops after black man Brandon Calloway beaten after traffic stop

By Snejana Farberov
July 22, 2022

Disturbing video shows cops beating and tasing a black man in Tennessee — leaving him bloodied and in need of stitches — after he allegedly ran a stop sign.

Authorities are investigating cops’ use of force in the arrest of Brandon Calloway, 25, who allegedly refused to pull over for Oakland Police Department officers after they spotted him blowing a stop sign, reported Action News 5.

Calloway allegedly sped away, doing 32 mph in a 20-mph zone, cops said in an affidavit, according to NBC News. He eventually exited his car and ran into his home in Oakland.

Video that was recorded by Calloway’s loved one begins with uniformed officers bursting through the front door in pursuit of Calloway.

A woman could be heard screaming hysterically, “Stop! Stop! Brandon! Stop hitting him!”

One officer deploys a stun gun against Calloway, who tries to hide behind a leather couch, before running downstairs.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/black-man-beaten-to-a-pulp-by-cops-after-running-stop-sign-in-tennessee/

Offline Kamaji

This is not going to end well.

Online mountaineer

No, it doesn't matter what the guy did (if anything). When there's video of a cop's boot on the black arrestee's neck, it's pretty much over.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I am gonna say out loud what I think, run from the police, you should get a beating... didn't watch any video (didn't see it linked)... but I will bet the resisting the arrest is what got him bloodied.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online mountaineer

I suspect if he'd stopped his car when the cruiser's blue lights went on, none of this would have happened.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Once he was out of his car, and in his home, they should have stopped, cooled themselves down - adrenaline from being in hot pursuit can lead to rash decisions - seized his car, and then decided whether it was worth the while to attempt to arrest him for running the stop sign and fleeing.  It might have been better to have, as I said, seized the car, then gone, filed a report, obtained an arrest warrant, and then followed him and executed it at a later point in time when they would have the element of surprise.

Unless the car was stolen, seizing it is going to put much more of a justifiable hurt on him than trying to arrest him while the adrenaline is still pumping.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I hope the protestors chant "Let's Go Brandon"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I stopped GAF a long time ago about someone getting an ass whooping for being a dumb ass who runs from the police.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.