Author Topic: Biden makes first public appearance since COVID-19 diagnosis  (Read 282 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden makes first public appearance since COVID-19 diagnosis
by Brett Samuels - 07/22/22 3:46 PM ET

President Biden on Friday met virtually with his economic team to discuss gas prices, making his first public appearance on camera since testing positive for COVID-19.

Biden, appearing via video stream from the White House residence, spoke about ongoing efforts to bring down prices at the pump. His voice was slightly hoarse and he could be heard clearing his throat on a couple occasions.

Asked by the press how he was feeling, Biden flashed a thumbs up.

“Let me start by apologizing, my voice. I’m feeling much better than I sound,” Biden said at the start of the event. “We’re meeting today on gas prices, and we have some really good news. Gas prices are coming down.”

The president tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday morning and has had mild symptoms, according to the White House. He has a runny nose and dry cough, and his temperature was slightly elevated on Thursday night, according to a note from the White House physician.

Biden, who is 79, is in a higher risk for serious illness because of his age. But he is fully vaccinated and has received two booster shots, which medical experts have said will likely help keep his case mild.

Friday’s meeting, which was opened to the press, was one way the White House has sought to show Biden is still working despite his diagnosis.

Biden and his team have touted that gas prices has dropped each day for 37 consecutive days, as of Thursday. The average price of gas per gallon is $4.41, according to AAA, down from an average of $4.95 one month ago.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3570897-biden-makes-first-public-appearance-since-covid-19-diagnosis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Biden makes first public appearance since COVID-19 diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 08:16:29 pm »
Gee Joe even the COVID virus can't keep you from working.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 08:18:14 pm »
We've all had to do some remote meetings, I suspect. Did we ever do it with most of the participants on a soundstage? I wonder if they didn't have to have makeup artists.
 Couldn't they have just Zoomed from their offices or done it by phone? This is such bad theatre.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 10:43:54 pm »
When the price of something is tripled then the price is cut in half it still is crappy. Also to fix a problem you unnecessarily caused in the first place is not an accomplishment.