Author Topic: Entire police department resigns after new town manager is hired: Decisions 'jeopardize my safety'  (Read 2127 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published July 22, 2022 12:07pm EDT
Entire North Carolina police department resigns after new town manager is hired
Kenly Police Chief Josh Gibson cites 'hostile work environment' as cause for resignation
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

An entire police department in North Carolina resigned Friday after the hiring of a new town manager.

Police officers and other officials in the small town of Kenly have submitted mass-resignation letters citing stress, a hostile work environment and an inability to continue the department's long-term betterment projects.

In a letter to Town Manager Justine Jones, Police Chief Josh Gibson expressed regret toward the negative changes he felt were occurring in the department.

"In my 21 years at the Kenly Police Department, we have seen ups and downs. But, especially in the last 3 years, we have made substantial progress that we had hoped to continue. However, due to the hostile work environment now present in the Town of Kenly, I do not believe progress is possible," Gibson wrote.

Neither the police department nor Jones has been willing to speak to the media on the nature of these complaints, local outlets report.

Gibson's letter was only one of several resignations that were made publicly available after the mass exodus.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/entire-north-carolina-police-department-resigns-new-town-manager-hired
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

The new town manager is Justine Jones:

I can imagine what the hostile work environment is all about, and I'm quite certain CRT is involved.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The new town manager is Justine Jones:

I can imagine what the hostile work environment is all about, and I'm quite certain CRT is involved.
If it's like past situations she is probably doing her best to achieve the results at hand, I of don't don't know but by guess is that all these people resigning are for her the wrong pigmentation and she will probably do her best to replace them with people of the...proper persuasion. I think next we will hear about a loverly class action lawsuit against the city manager, city council and the city.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Mail by  Alex Hammer  7/22/2022

North Carolina town's ENTIRE police department - four cops and a chief - quits on same day over 'hostile' black town manager who was fired from her last job for gender and racial discrimination

•   The entire staff of a small North Carolina police department has suddenly resigned, citing the work environment created by the town’s new manager

•   The mass exodus transpired Wednesday, and saw five cops, including the force's chief of 20 years, hand in resignation letters to the manager and city council

•   The maneuver left the town of Kenly, home to about 2,000 residents, with just three part-time cops to man their force, which had been comprised of five cops

•   Even before the resignations, the department had been short-staffed, down from a norm of eight officers to five, police said

The entire staff of a small North Carolina police department has suddenly resigned, citing a 'hostile' work environment created by the town’s newly elected manager.

The mass exodus transpired Wednesday, and saw five cops, including the force's chief of 20 years, hand in resignation letters to the town manager and city council. 

The maneuver left the town of Kenly, home to about 2,000 residents, with just three part-time officers to man the waning force.

Even before the resignations, the department had been short-staffed, down from a norm of eight officers to five, the cops said - one of several complaints aired in the letter.

They were joined by two town clerks who also accused the new manager, a progressive black woman who unsuccessfully sued her previous employer for gender and racial discrimination.

Those accusations came after she had been terminated, and her suit was subsequently dismissed.

The manager, Justine Jones, was hired last month - nearly eight years after her firing - an acquisition the town touted in a press release at the time.

Kenly Police Chief Josh Gibson, however, did not share such enthusiasm Wednesday, when he and the six other city workers penned strongly worded letters to Jones giving their two-week notices.

The new manager has created an environment I do not feel we can perform our duties and services to the community. I do not know what is next for me. I am letting the lord lead the way.'

'I have loved this community,' he continued, 'It has become family and one of my greatest honors to serve. God bless you all.'

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11040329/Small-North-Carolina-towns-ENTIRE-police-department-quit-day-hostile-town-manager.html

Offline PeteS in CA

One of the "bets" of the wokester thugs is that their targets won't risk the economic stress of quitting. Sounds like the police officers in this town called that bet and bet that things won't go well for this wokester thuggette.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Notably absent in every story I've seen posted about this:  What did she do or say?

I'm not prepared to say that, based on her looks, she's a defund the Police flaming wokester.  Somebody needs to do a better job of reporting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Quote from: another article I read
“They’ve been here over 20 years. This woman comes in and I have a lot to say, but I can’t,” McGowan said. “She sued Virginia, she sued South Carolina and I wouldn’t doubt it if she sues us.” McGowan was referring to pending lawsuits between Jones and her previous employer in Richland County, South Carolina, for alleged gender and racial discrimination after she was fired in 2015, also reported by WRAL.

Yeah, I imagine this new lady had a chip on her shoulder the size of Rhode Island.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Justine Jones: 5 facts about Kenly’s new Black town manager

The news of the mass resignations of some North Carolina police force  has brought media attention to the small Johnston County town of just over 2,000 people.
“Hostile work environment” was cited as the reason for the mass resignation by the North Carolina police force, but some residents claim they resigned because a black woman named Justine Jones had been hired as town manager.

Kenly Police Chief Josh Gibson made the shocking announcement in a Facebook post on Thursday, saying the assistant town manager and a key clerk had joined him and his five officers in quitting in protest.

1. Jones, the new town manager was hired out of 30 candidates in a national search, according to a town news release.
2. She previously worked in local governments in Minnesota, Virginia, South Carolina and North Carolina.
3. Jones, sued her previous employer – Richland County, S.C. – for gender and racial discrimination after she was terminated. The lawsuit says she worked as manager of research and was an assistant director.
4. She’s worked in public service for the past 16 years in local governments in Minnesota, Virginia, South Carolina and North Carolina.
5. Jones has two Master’s degrees, one in public policy from the Humphrey School at the University of Minnesota and a second Master’s degree in public administration from the City University of New York Baruch College.
https://www.ghlinks.com.gh/justine-jones-5-facts-kenlys-black-town-manager/

And here are the town council members.
https://townofkenly.com/government/town-council/council-members/

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Notably absent in every story I've seen posted about this:  What did she do or say?

I'm not prepared to say that, based on her looks, she's a defund the Police flaming wokester.  Somebody needs to do a better job of reporting.
:thumbsup:
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I'd like to give the new Town Manager the benefit of the doubt.  Ah Hell, who am I kidding.  The cops were all white supremacists and racists.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

I’ve been searching for that, also

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd like to give the new Town Manager the benefit of the doubt.  Ah Hell, who am I kidding.  The cops were all white supremacists and racists.

I have insufficient data to process that request....

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I’ve been searching for that, also

I find it rather odd, but it could be just terrible reportage.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

‘We just want to be safe in Kenly’: Town board mum after meeting on mass resignations
If that were true, fire the town manager and get the cops back.

As in most cases, there are always things underlying these actions, including an out-of-control former town manager it appears.
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/johnston-county/article263725538.html

Online GtHawk

I find it rather odd, but it could be just terrible reportage.   :shrug:
Or it could be that all involved knowing how litigious the new town manager is they are just not talking to anyone outside of the city council.

Or it could be that all involved knowing how litigious the new town manager is they are just not talking to anyone outside of the city council.
When I look at these town council members, I think I would never make the mistake of believing them that smart.

Online GtHawk

When I look at these town council members, I think I would never make the mistake of believing them that smart.

No, but considering they chose the new city manager, any bets on how long they remain city council members?

Offline verga

Am I the only one that began to hear the theme from "Deliverance" when I looked at that group?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online GtHawk

Am I the only one that began to hear the theme from "Deliverance" when I looked at that group?
Well....I do now! Thank you very much.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They just saved her the trouble of firing them.

Police departments generally experience turmoil and turnover when an outsider takes charge.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline heelboy22

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

Update on this story:  Town Council votes to terminate Manager.
:thumbsup:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Next time vet the candidate to make sure he/she doesn't have a history of bitter racism.
I will NOT comply.